ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born while standard visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

javaidmr
Mood:

child born while standard visit visa

Post by javaidmr » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 pm

hi
i have settle status in uk and hold the ILR. i have my 1st wife living with me here in UK and she is applying her ILR next year.
i have my 2nd wife, i have married with her in saudi arabia 10 year before. she is living in saudi arabi and she hold the 2 year UK general visit visa which will be expiring feb 2022.
she is pragnent and expect to deliver baby in dec2021. we planned her to visit UK and give birth of her baby to uk.
i have the following questions please;
1) new born baby entitle for british citizenship as one parent (myself) hold the ILR?
2) she is on visit visa. is she or i breaking any law of giving her baby birth here in UK?
3)since she is my 2nd wife and our marriage contract in saudi arabia. should i provide any documents while i apply passport of my baby to proof her mother is my wife?
4) are we free for NHS matrentity or can we do it privately with private hospital /clinic?

secret.simon

Re: child born while standard visit visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am

javaidmr wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 pm
1) new born baby entitle for british citizenship as one parent (myself) hold the ILR?
If the child is born in the UK, then yes, to the best of my knowledge, the child will be a British citizen otherwise than by descent.

If the child is born abroad, then neither the child nor the second wife will be able to use their relationship with you to sponsor them on a family visa.
javaidmr wrote:
2) she is on visit visa. is she or i breaking any law of giving her baby birth here in UK?
This is the bit I am not sure about. The UK discourages polygamous marriages and both second spouses and their children are negatively impacted in the Immigration Rules. See this guidance for more information.
javaidmr wrote:
3)since she is my 2nd wife and our marriage contract in saudi arabia. should i provide any documents while i apply passport of my baby to proof her mother is my wife?
Irrelevant. While it may be recognised in Saudi Arabia, the second and subsequent marriages will not be recognised in the UK. But, in any case, legitimacy and being born in wedlock is no longer a requirement to pass on British citizenship.
javaidmr wrote:
4) are we free for NHS matrentity or can we do it privately with private hospital /clinic?
As a visitor, the mother will be charged 150% of the NHS cost for the birth + any pre-/postnatal care, even if the child is born a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

javaidmr
Mood:

Post by javaidmr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 pm

thanks for fast respond.
ref to attached
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
ref 1 above of page 16 Q3, they did not asked ILR instead required certificate of naturalization which i dont have.
ref 3, page 16 Q3, required "marriage certifcate to mother"
kindly elaborate if i am following the correct docuements.

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am
javaidmr wrote:
If the child is born in the UK, then yes, to the best of my knowledge, the child will be a British citizen otherwise than by descent.

If the child is born abroad, then neither the child nor the second wife will be able to use their relationship with you to sponsor them on a family visa.
javaidmr wrote:
This is the bit I am not sure about. The UK discourages polygamous marriages and both second spouses and their children are negatively impacted in the Immigration Rules. See this guidance for more information.
javaidmr wrote:
Irrelevant. While it may be recognised in Saudi Arabia, the second and subsequent marriages will not be recognised in the UK. But, in any case, legitimacy and being born in wedlock is no longer a requirement to pass on British citizenship.
javaidmr wrote:
As a visitor, the mother will be charged 150% of the NHS cost for the birth + any pre-/postnatal care, even if the child is born a British citizen.

javaidmr
Mood:

Post by javaidmr » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 am

dear secret.simon
please can you respond below
javaidmr wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 pm
thanks for fast respond.
ref to attached
ref 1 above of page 16 Q3, they did not asked ILR instead required certificate of naturalization which i dont have.
kindly elaborate if i am following the correct docuements.

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am
javaidmr wrote:

javaidmr wrote:
javaidmr wrote:
javaidmr wrote:

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:19 am

javaidmr wrote:
ref to attached
Q3 has a capitalised and bold OR in the middle. You can also provide "Evidence of applicants’ parent’s immigration status in the UK at the time of applicant’s birth". In your case, it would be your ILR BRP.
javaidmr wrote:
I don't think it is required, but no harm in supplying it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

javaidmr
Mood:

Post by javaidmr » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:58 pm

thanks to everyone for their support.
I have called my wife and she delivers her baby in Leeds.
we got an appointment with the registrar and get the birth certificate and the same day I have booked the passport and pay the urgent fees of 142.
i got my son passport in 5 days.
and she and her son return back to from uk.