Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Child Travelling Abroad with GrandParents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:49 am
Location: London

Child Travelling Abroad with GrandParents

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:37 am

Dear Forum Members,

A strange questions - whether a consent letter is needed when a child (of divorced parents) is travelling abroad with his grandparents?
Both parents mutually agreeing to allow child to spend time with grandparents in India. Child will be travellling to India with grandparents. On return trip from India - child will be travelling with father.

If yes, does that needs to be notarised? or just a signature from both parents will suffice?

Any comment, link would be appreciated.


User avatar
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Child Travelling Abroad with GrandParents

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:02 am

The travel consent letter should include detail of travel such as dates, who travelling with, relationship with the child.

Letter does not need to be notarised, but is highly recommended to do so because by notarising the letter you are guaranteeing the authenticity of the document. It is recommended that you have your letter notarised especially as the child will be travelling abroad.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease