ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Collecting a BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cassiie0103
Newly Registered

Collecting a BRP

Post by cassiie0103 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:44 am

Hello,

So I've recently been given a date to collect my BRP on the 25th August. Only problem is, the plan is that I've already got plans in Europe from the 20th August. Ideally, I will arrive in the UK on the 18th August and then leave on the 20th to Europe. I will only be back earliest, 7 September but obviously then, my 10 day window to collect my BRP has expired.

I do have a student visa that is still valid and was thinking if I could enter the UK on the 18th with that visa and only use my Tier 5 visa when I'm arriving in September but I don't know if that would work.

Anyone experienced the same situation or have any advice on the problem? It's quite important that I (hopefully) don't have to make changes to plans in Europe.

Even though, I'm guessing, things are looking pretty grim, thanks in advance! :(

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Collecting a BRP

Post by wf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Your Student visa is no longer valid and has been superceded by the Tier 5 visa.