ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused due visitor visa duration mentioned on the covering letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sleepy09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Confused due visitor visa duration mentioned on the covering letter

Post by Sleepy09 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:52 am

Hello, I am a british national and I have recently applied for my parents to join me here in uk for a visit through a solicitor. Due to some confusion the solicitor stated that my family is here for 4 weeks time and he'ssubmittedthe application, but I want them here for 8-10 weeks time. Now the Solicitor is saying is doesn't matter whatever time we state on the covering letter as long as they're staying within their visa permitted period. Can you please help me here? Will staying 8 weeks rather than 4 weeks mentioned in the visa application would be problematic for further visa applications? My mother has already been to UK for 2 weeks time a couple of years back.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Confused due visitor visa duration mentioned on the covering letter

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:07 am

Sleepy09 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:52 am
Hello, I am a british national and I have recently applied for my parents to join me here in uk for a visit through a solicitor. Due to some confusion the solicitor stated that my family is here for 4 weeks time and he'ssubmittedthe application, but I want them here for 8-10 weeks time. Now the Solicitor is saying is doesn't matter whatever time we state on the covering letter as long as they're staying within their visa permitted period. Can you please help me here? Will staying 8 weeks rather than 4 weeks mentioned in the visa application would be problematic for further visa applications? My mother has already been to UK for 2 weeks time a couple of years back.
Technically it shouldn't be a problem with the application. TBH, in my opinion, the solicitor might have done you a solid.
I have friends that have put 2 weeks on their applications and ended up spending 6-8 weeks. It had no effect when they renewed again. Provided your parents have enough funds on them when they turn up at the airport.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!