ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing timescales

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tii051

Confusing timescales

Post by tii051 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:02 am

I am really confused with UK visa timescales at the moment. Some entries on the forum suggest they got emails saying it will take ranging from 6-10 weeks. I have not received any emails.

VFS directs you to the gov.uk website which says decision should arrive 3 weeks from visa appointment for visit visas. What appointment? Biometric appointment? What other appointment is there?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... sit-the-uk

I did book the flights 8 weeks from application date but I am not sure if to cancel the flights and re-book once visa is granted.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confusing timescales

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:08 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.