Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Miss mimi
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:59 pm
United Arab Emirates

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Miss mimi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am

Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am
Hi guys just an update I have just received the below email
Good Morning



Document was sent for printing on 12/06/2018.



Our couriers should deliver your document in seven days time at the address provided on the application form.
thats great news... I’m happy for you finally!!!

Moyo
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm
Zimbabwe

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Moyo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Good morning guys I have been reading your posts from the day I sent my TD for renewal
I’m happy to say I got mine today and here is my time line hope it helps someone else as yours helped me to remain calm and hopeful

Applied 23.02.18 by post it was received 25.02.18

Received the acknowledgment and BRP and letter 6 weeks later

Today 13.06.18 I got a text fro DX saying they will be delivering my documents from H/O

12:30 they put it through the door it was issued 11.06.18 but still haven’t received my old documents.

Hope this helps someone the trick is to forget about it and not make any imidiate travel plans. I forgot about it until I received a text this morning at 07:00

Moyo
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm
Zimbabwe

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Moyo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Good morning guys I have been reading your posts from the day I sent my TD for renewal
I’m happy to say I got mine today and here is my time line hope it helps someone else as yours helped me to remain calm and hopeful

Applied 23.02.18 by post it was received 25.02.18

Received the acknowledgment and BRP and letter 6 weeks later

Today 13.06.18 I got a text fro DX saying they will be delivering my documents from H/O

12:30 they put it through the door it was issued 11.06.18 but still haven’t received my old documents.

Hope this helps someone the trick is to forget about it and not make any imidiate travel plans. I forgot about it until I received a text this morning at 07:00

Moyo
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm
Zimbabwe

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Moyo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Good morning guys I have been reading your posts from the day I sent my TD for renewal
I’m happy to say I got mine today and here is my time line hope it helps someone else as yours helped me to remain calm and hopeful

Applied 23.02.18 by post it was received 25.02.18

Received the acknowledgment and BRP and letter 6 weeks later

Today 13.06.18 I got a text fro DX saying they will be delivering my documents from H/O

12:30 they put it through the door it was issued 11.06.18 but still haven’t received my old documents.

Hope this helps someone the trick is to forget about it and not make any imidiate travel plans. I forgot about it until I received a text this morning at 07:00

Miss mimi
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:59 pm
United Arab Emirates

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Miss mimi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am
Hi guys just an update I have just received the below email
Good Morning



Document was sent for printing on 12/06/2018.



Our couriers should deliver your document in seven days time at the address provided on the application form.
[/quote hello again are you going to book a ticket to join your family? 😀

Hopeful25
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Miss mimi wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am
Hi guys just an update I have just received the below email
Good Morning



Document was sent for printing on 12/06/2018.



Our couriers should deliver your document in seven days time at the address provided on the application form.
[/quote hello again are you going to book a ticket to join your family? 😀
I want to but I’m not booking anything until I actually have the document in my hands. If it takes 7 days my family will already be home

Saniii
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 pm
Pakistan

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Saniii » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Congrats Mate. I’m sure it will be here by the weekend. told you not to stress out and just go with the flow like I am

TAIM2012
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by TAIM2012 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 am

My timeline
Application received by HO: 19/2/2018
Acknowledgement received: 24/3/2018
TD received: 13/6/2018 ( mine and one dependant and still 2 more for other depandants)

Hopeful25
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 am

Saniii wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm
Congrats Mate. I’m sure it will be here by the weekend. told you not to stress out and just go with the flow like I am
Thank you Saniii. I will let you know when it gets here. Good luck to everyone

Hopeful25
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi
Just to let everyone know I received my document today.
Finally the wait is over.
Good luck to everyone

5ift
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 5ift » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi
Just to let everyone know I received my document today.
Finally the wait is over.
Good luck to everyone
Congrats!
May I ask what email address you used for communicating to HO for your TD?
Thanks.

Saniii
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 pm
Pakistan

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Saniii » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi
Just to let everyone know I received my document today.
Finally the wait is over.
Good luck to everyone
What did I say!!! Big big congrats and now enjoy your life

Chanel2015
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 am
Argentina

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Chanel2015 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi
Just to let everyone know I received my document today.
Finally the wait is over.
Good luck to everyone
Congratulations Hopeful , enjoy your travelling now

binip88
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by binip88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:52 am
binip88 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am
I'm so confused and I don't understand..
TD emailed back to say they are dealing with applications submitted on or before 24th January..
Hi Binip,
I think they are lying. People have theirs who applied in February. Now they won’t even tell me what is going on with my application I am going to write a complaint.
Hi Hopeful,
Did you end up writing a complaint?

binip88
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by binip88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Miss mimi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm
Good afternoon everyone. Quick update i applied February, I called the home office I spoke to someone she took my details and said I should hear from them in the next 5 days. I really doubt they will get in-contact I predict these people will string me along for a while before I receive my TD
Hi, what number did you call?

Hopeful25
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 pm

binip88 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 pm
Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:52 am
binip88 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am
I'm so confused and I don't understand..
TD emailed back to say they are dealing with applications submitted on or before 24th January..
Hi Binip,
I think they are lying. People have theirs who applied in February. Now they won’t even tell me what is going on with my application I am going to write a complaint.
Hi Hopeful,
Did you end up writing a complaint?
Hi Binip,
Yes I wrote a complaint, nobody replied to the complaint but 2 days after I complied my TD was issued so don’t know if it was because of that or not ...

Miss mimi
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:59 pm
United Arab Emirates

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Miss mimi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:00 pm

binip88 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 pm
Miss mimi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm
Good afternoon everyone. Quick update i applied February, I called the home office I spoke to someone she took my details and said I should hear from them in the next 5 days. I really doubt they will get in-contact I predict these people will string me along for a while before I receive my TD
Hi, what number did you call
03001232241

Miss mimi
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:59 pm
United Arab Emirates

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Miss mimi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Ok so after i spoke to someone from the home office. I received a email a day later saying ..... Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Hopeful25
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:34 am

Miss mimi wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 pm
Ok so after i spoke to someone from the home office. I received a email a day later saying ..... Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.
Hi miss mimi,
I got the same message before getting my travel document.. it’s just an auto response they send to everyone regardless of the situation

Hopeful25
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:34 am

Does anyone know what airlines accept the convention blue travel document ?

Post Reply