ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hopeful25
Iran

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Hopeful25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Miss mimi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 pm
Hopeful25 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:21 pm
Miss mimi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm
Good afternoon everyone. Quick update i applied February, I called the home office I spoke to someone she took my details and said I should hear from them in the next 5 days. I really doubt they will get in-contact I predict these people will string me along for a while before I receive my TD
Hi miss mimi,
When did you apply ?
When I phoned they said the same to me and then I got an email after 2 days just an auto response saying my application is still in a que
you will get your TD soon. they will
Not keep it this long if anything was wrong with your application don’t worry.
Hi mimi,
You will get yours in about 2 weeks I think. I don’t know why they are not making a decision on my application or telling me anything after so long. I looked back on this forum to 2012 and some people waited 11 months I hope my situation isn’t the same! I don’t know what to think. Today all my family have gone on holiday without me because I still don’t have my TD

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Miss mimi wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:
Miss mimi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm
Good afternoon everyone. Quick update i applied February, I called the home office I spoke to someone she took my details and said I should hear from them in the next 5 days. I really doubt they will get in-contact I predict these people will string me along for a while before I receive my TD
Hi miss mimi,
When did you apply ?
When I phoned they said the same to me and then I got an email after 2 days just an auto response saying my application is still in a que
Hi mimi,
You will get yours in about 2 weeks I think. I don’t know why they are not making a decision on my application or telling me anything after so long. I looked back on this forum to 2012 and some people waited 11 months I hope my situation isn’t the same! I don’t know what to think. Today all my family have gone on holiday without me because I still don’t have my TD
im so sorry to hear that. its like We’re prisoners, 11 months??? that’s not right the way the home office are dealing with people is disgusting. Yes let’s hope that’s not the case for you fingers crossed.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Miss mimi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:39 pm
Hopeful25 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Miss mimi wrote:
Hopeful25 wrote:

Hi miss mimi,
When did you apply ?
Hi mimi,
im so sorry to hear that. its like We’re prisoners, 11 months??? that’s not right the way the home office are dealing with people is disgusting. Yes let’s hope that’s not the case for you fingers crossed.
Yes it feels exactly like we are prisons and what is more frustrating is that they don’t even give us proper answers to our emails.keep me updated with your application and good luck

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Guys I’ve just noticed something.. when the home office asked me to send back another signed photograph they gave me a label to put on the front of the envelope with the address and a reference Number but I’ve just noticed the label has a hand written date of 14/06/18.. whatcould this mean ? That they are only going to look at it on that date or it will be done before then ? Any ideas ?

Saniii
Pakistan

Post by Saniii » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:31 pm

It could mean anything 14/6 is only couple of days after. I never really worry about anyone on this forum. But with your particular name i look for an update every time I log in. I honestly think that the more your thinking about it, the more your delaying it. Plz plz plz stop thinking and forget about it. It will come through

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:35 pm

slavaengland wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:26 pm
Applied for CTD: 10/04/2018

Still waiting
Today I received my BRP (ILR) back

What is mean?

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Saniii wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:31 pm
It could mean anything 14/6 is only couple of days after. I never really worry about anyone on this forum. But with your particular name i look for an update every time I log in. I honestly think that the more your thinking about it, the more your delaying it. Plz plz plz stop thinking and forget about it. It will come through
Hi Saniii,
I know I need to stop thinking about it but I can’t it’s constantly on my mind. You are right! I know you are right I will try to leave it now and carry on with life until it shows up

Kinan
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by Kinan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,
Just i need to share my timeline with you
I today the 11th of June I received my approvel letter with my old passport, and they says my TD should be with me within 7 working days.
I post my appliction and paid online at 21st Feb, homeoffice receive it at 22nd Feb.
I wish you all hear a good news soon.

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Kinan wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 pm
Hi everyone,
Just i need to share my timeline with you
I today the 11th of June I received my approvel letter with my old passport, and they says my TD should be with me within 7 working days.
I post my appliction and paid online at 21st Feb, homeoffice receive it at 22nd Feb.
I wish you all hear a good news soon.
thats great news congratulations, I applied few days after you so mine should be coming soon I hope

shabykhan
Newly Registered

Post by shabykhan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi everyone, I got ILR REFUGEE SETTLEMENT in January 2018 and I applied online on 8th Feb 2018 for Certificate of Travel ( Black Color), I received only one letter in March that my application received saying the home office will process my application within 7 weeks. No fingerprints, no biometric done. I didn't send my original BRP. but today on 11th June I received from Home office BLUE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS WHILE I applied for CERTIFICATE OF TRAVEL AND paid £268 fee. Please, Can someone explain it? thanks. good luck everyone. cheers :D :D :roll:

Doe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by Doe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:17 pm

I have just received my BRP and Travel document after 4 months of waiting to find out that my birthplace has been misspelled. Before I contact the home office, I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone before and what the process is? I really don't want to be waiting for another 4 months l.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Doe wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:17 pm
I have just received my BRP and Travel document after 4 months of waiting to find out that my birthplace has been misspelled. Before I contact the home office, I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone before and what the process is? I really don't want to be waiting for another 4 months l.
Hi Doe,
What date did you apply for your travel document ? I have seen on this forum people have had their name spelt wrong and they send back to the home office and get a new document within 1 week. Email them and see what they say but as there error you won’t be waiting a long time

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm

binip88 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi hopeful, yes I did.
But it was a standard message saying 'aim to complete within 70 working days' and that they can't provide a timeframe.
😔
Hi Binip,
Any news from the home office yet about your document ?

Doe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by Doe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Hopeful25 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm
Doe wrote:
Hi Doe,
What date did you apply for your travel document ? I have seen on this forum people have had their name spelt wrong and they send back to the home office and get a new document within 1 week. Email them and see what they say but as there error you won’t be waiting a long time
I applied near Feb 16-20th received 11th June
I will email them and see what they can do, thanks.

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Doe wrote:
I received my BRP yesterday and applied 10/04/2018. Have I receive Travel Documents soon?

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 pm

shabykhan wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi everyone, I got ILR REFUGEE SETTLEMENT in January 2018 and I applied online on 8th Feb 2018 for Certificate of Travel ( Black Color), I received only one letter in March that my application received saying the home office will process my application within 7 weeks. No fingerprints, no biometric done. I didn't send my original BRP. but today on 11th June I received from Home office BLUE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS WHILE I applied for CERTIFICATE OF TRAVEL AND paid £268 fee. Please, Can someone explain it? thanks. good luck everyone. cheers :D :D :roll:
I have same status, but why you applied for Certificate of Travel? Certificate of Travel (black) is non-biometric travel document and you can't travel to EU countries .

binip88
Sri Lanka

Post by binip88 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 am

Hopeful25 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm
binip88 wrote:
Hi hopeful, yes I did.
But it was a standard message saying 'aim to complete within 70 working days' and that they can't provide a timeframe.
😔
Hi Binip,
Yes, application was voided as I should have applied for BRP before TD as I lost both documents. I now have to re-apply.
I called the helpline soo many times to confirm and all the advisors said that this one form will replace both documents.
The worst thing is I applied for the BRP shortly after applying for Travel Document, so technically I'm in the system (because they dont ask you to send BRP anymore)
I have to travel abroad for medical treatment in July and I don't know what to do.
I haven't stopped crying.
It's very cruel.

I called the helpine again and they are STILL giving out the wrong information.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am

binip88 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 am
Hopeful25 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm
binip88 wrote:
Hi hopeful, yes I did.
😔
Hi Binip,
Yes, application was voided as I should have applied for BRP before TD as I lost both documents. I now have to re-apply.
I called the helpline soo many times to confirm and all the advisors said that this one form will replace both documents.
The worst thing is I applied for the BRP shortly after applying for Travel Document, so technically I'm in the system (because they dont ask you to send BRP anymore)
I have to travel abroad for medical treatment in July and I don't know what to do.
I haven't stopped crying.
It's very cruel.

I called the helpine again and they are STILL giving out the wrong information.
Hi Binip,
I’m so so sorry to hear that! If
You have to have medical treatment they can issue your document as a priority. Send them proof
Of your treatment like a doctors letter or something.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am

Hi guys just an update I have just received the below email
Good Morning

Document was sent for printing on 12/06/2018.

Our couriers should deliver your document in seven days time at the address provided on the application form.

binip88
Sri Lanka

Post by binip88 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am

Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am
Good Morning

Our couriers should deliver your document in seven days time at the address provided on the application form.
Wonderful news Hopeful 👍🏽 Best wishes

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am

Hopeful25 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am
Good Morning

thats great news... I’m happy for you finally!!!

Moyo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Moyo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Good morning guys I have been reading your posts from the day I sent my TD for renewal
I’m happy to say I got mine today and here is my time line hope it helps someone else as yours helped me to remain calm and hopeful

Applied 23.02.18 by post it was received 25.02.18

Received the acknowledgment and BRP and letter 6 weeks later

Today 13.06.18 I got a text fro DX saying they will be delivering my documents from H/O

12:30 they put it through the door it was issued 11.06.18 but still haven’t received my old documents.

Hope this helps someone the trick is to forget about it and not make any imidiate travel plans. I forgot about it until I received a text this morning at 07:00

Moyo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Good morning guys I have been reading your posts from the day I sent my TD for renewal
I’m happy to say I got mine today and here is my time line hope it helps someone else as yours helped me to remain calm and hopeful

Today 13.06.18 I got a text fro DX saying they will be delivering my documents from H/O

12:30 they put it through the door it was issued 11.06.18 but still haven’t received my old documents.

Hope this helps someone the trick is to forget about it and not make any imidiate travel plans. I forgot about it until I received a text this morning at 07:00

Moyo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

[quote=Hopeful25 post_id=1645769 time=1528878217 user_id=178098]
Good Morning

[/quote hello again are you going to book a ticket to join your family? 😀