ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
honestlife
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm
Congo

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by honestlife » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Applied online: 31st May 2019
Posted documents and form: 13th June 2019
Received Travel Document: 17th July 2019

negmas
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:47 am
Mood:

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by negmas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:54 am

Hi all,

I have applied for Travel document on 28th of June and sent all my documents on the same day but i havent received any acknowledgment emails from home-office confirming they have my stuff. I have seen via post office track system a guy signed my package but nothing else from home office. I emailed them on 8th of july but havent heard anything so wondering whats this email address you guys use? or is there a number i can call? the one i found on google doesnt work either.

if anyone could help i would truly appreciate it.

Thanks

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:38 am

Hi here is the email, they will reply within 2hrs,
traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
You have to give them your full name and date of birth , I applied on the 2nd of July I didn't get any confirmation so I emailed them and I get a reply saying we have your application, I think i should get my soon , i have ILR . Let use know when you receive yours.

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by ariskar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:05 pm

My spouse's timeline:

Applied online: 27th July 2019
Posted documents and form: 29th July 2019
Documents and form received by HO: 30th July 2019 - the wait begins
Received Travel Document: -

Good luck to those waiting!

rayyfar
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by rayyfar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for travel documents on 1/08/2019
posted documents:02/08/19
Documents recieved by home office on :05/08/2019
and waiting

Can some one please confirm should i have recieved a confirmation email or letter that they have recieved any documents ? or any other correspondence of the sort?

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:57 am

rayyfar wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm
Hi guys,

I have applied for travel documents on 1/08/2019
posted documents:02/08/19
Documents recieved by home office on :05/08/2019
and waiting

Can some one please confirm should i have recieved a confirmation email or letter that they have recieved any documents ? or any other correspondence of the sort?
No. You won't receive anything from them. But you can email them to ask if they have it. After 2 weeks I didn't hear from them, I emailed them and gave them my DOB and full name and I got reply saying we have it.
This is crazy because you can renew British passport in days and TD is taking forever to issue even to people that have ILR like me.

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by ariskar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:56 am

9jaboi wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:57 am
rayyfar wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm
Hi guys,

I have applied for travel documents on 1/08/2019
posted documents:02/08/19
Documents recieved by home office on :05/08/2019
and waiting

Can some one please confirm should i have recieved a confirmation email or letter that they have recieved any documents ? or any other correspondence of the sort?
No. You won't receive anything from them. But you can email them to ask if they have it. After 2 weeks I didn't hear from them, I emailed them and gave them my DOB and full name and I got reply saying we have it.
This is crazy because you can renew British passport in days and TD is taking forever to issue even to people that have ILR like me.
Hello, which email did you use to get a confirmation? Thank you.

rayyfar
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by rayyfar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:06 am

9jaboi wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:57 am
rayyfar wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm
Hi guys,

I have applied for travel documents on 1/08/2019
posted documents:02/08/19
Documents recieved by home office on :05/08/2019
and waiting

Can some one please confirm should i have recieved a confirmation email or letter that they have recieved any documents ? or any other correspondence of the sort?
No. You won't receive anything from them. But you can email them to ask if they have it. After 2 weeks I didn't hear from them, I emailed them and gave them my DOB and full name and I got reply saying we have it.
This is crazy because you can renew British passport in days and TD is taking forever to issue even to people that have ILR like me.
Hey thanks for the reply
Ikr i have ilr too and the processing time is unjustifies
Its a shame really anyways goodluck mate

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am

ariskar wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:56 am
9jaboi wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:57 am
rayyfar wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm
Hi guys,

I have applied for travel documents on 1/08/2019
posted documents:02/08/19
Documents recieved by home office on :05/08/2019
and waiting

Can some one please confirm should i have recieved a confirmation email or letter that they have recieved any documents ? or any other correspondence of the sort?
No. You won't receive anything from them. But you can email them to ask if they have it. After 2 weeks I didn't hear from them, I emailed them and gave them my DOB and full name and I got reply saying we have it.
This is crazy because you can renew British passport in days and TD is taking forever to issue even to people that have ILR like me.
Hello, which email did you use to get a confirmation? Thank you.

Hi, here is the email traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
They answered me within 2hrs.
Been 6 weeks I applied still haven't got it. Is very upsetting.

Rimjimrupa
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Rimjimrupa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi i applied 1 st of August and 3 days ago I emailed them and got automated reply they will answer my email within 30 working days and still waiting for reply and don’t know when they Gona send me my travel document,it’s really frustrating.just wondering is anyone here who got citizenship after 5 years refugee leave to remain?i have ILR and planning to apply for citizenship this October so it would be great if I get any help from someone who already got citizenship after 5 years refugee status
Thnx

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi i applied 1 st of August and 3 days ago I emailed them and got automated reply they will answer my email within 30 working days and still waiting for reply and don’t know when they Gona send me my travel document,it’s really frustrating.just wondering is anyone here who got citizenship after 5 years refugee leave to remain?i have ILR and planning to apply for citizenship this October so it would be great if I get any help from someone who already got citizenship after 5 years refugee status
Thnx
Kindly ask your British citizenship questions in the correct sub forum by starting your own topic. Citizenship questions are not relevant to this topic.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi i applied 1 st of August and 3 days ago I emailed them and got automated reply they will answer my email within 30 working days and still waiting for reply and don’t know when they Gona send me my travel document,it’s really frustrating.just wondering is anyone here who got citizenship after 5 years refugee leave to remain?i have ILR and planning to apply for citizenship this October so it would be great if I get any help from someone who already got citizenship after 5 years refugee status
Thnx
Nooo, the Home Office has change their rules that you have to be living here legally for 10yrs before you can apply for B C, if you look your ILR you will see it expired 2024 if it was issued this year that is when they believe you should apply. People that applied one year after getting ilr now lost the money
Sad. H.O is called money making machine factory.
If you have ILR your new travel document expires 10yrs time.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:07 pm

9jaboi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Nooo, the Home Office has change their rules that you have to be living here legally for 10yrs before you can apply for B C, if you look your ILR you will see it expired 2024 if it was issued this year that is when they believe you should apply. People that applied one year after getting ilr now lost the money
Sad. H.O is called money making machine factory.
If you have ILR your new travel document expires 10yrs time.
ALL the BRP cards, regardless of ILR route, expire in December 2024!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 pm

negmas wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:54 am
Hi all,

I have applied for Travel document on 28th of June and sent all my documents on the same day but i havent received any acknowledgment emails from home-office confirming they have my stuff. I have seen via post office track system a guy signed my package but nothing else from home office. I emailed them on 8th of july but havent heard anything so wondering whats this email address you guys use? or is there a number i can call? the one i found on google doesnt work either.

if anyone could help i would truly appreciate it.

Thanks
Hello there have you received your TD yet ?

Rimjimrupa
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Rimjimrupa » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:46 am

Hi anyone received travel document who applied July or August?

rayyfar
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by rayyfar » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:07 pm
9jaboi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Nooo, the Home Office has change their rules that you have to be living here legally for 10yrs before you can apply for B C, if you look your ILR you will see it expired 2024 if it was issued this year that is when they believe you should apply. People that applied one year after getting ilr now lost the money
Sad. H.O is called money making machine factory.
If you have ILR your new travel document expires 10yrs time.
ALL the BRP cards, regardless of ILR route, expire in December 2024!!
I agree with cr001
Bro 9jaboi what is the reference of your information
On gov website it still states 1 year after ilr we can apply for citizenship

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:44 am

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:46 am
Hi anyone received travel document who applied July or August?
Hi I applied on 2nd of July I got my old TD back on 23rd of August with a letter saying I should receive my new TD within 7 working days. I'm waiting for the delivery hopefully I get it tomorrow. Will update you when I receive it.

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:52 am

rayyfar wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:07 pm
9jaboi wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Nooo, the Home Office has change their rules that you have to be living here legally for 10yrs before you can apply for B C, if you look your ILR you will see it expired 2024 if it was issued this year that is when they believe you should apply. People that applied one year after getting ilr now lost the money
Sad. H.O is called money making machine factory.
If you have ILR your new travel document expires 10yrs time.
ALL the BRP cards, regardless of ILR route, expire in December 2024!!
I agree with cr001
Bro 9jaboi what is the reference of your information
On gov website it still states 1 year after ilr we can apply for citizenship
Yes only if you sought asylum immediately you arrived here , if you came on visa and overstayed it before be grant refugee then you breached the immigration rules for citizenship, and will affect your citizenship for next year. My lawyer told me that and I have seen people been refused because of that.

9jaboi
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:34 pm
Nigeria

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by 9jaboi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi all I received my TD today finally .

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by ariskar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:48 pm

My spouse's timeline:

Applied online: 27th July 2019
Posted documents and form: 29th July 2019
Documents and form received by HO: 30th July 2019
Return of old documents: Early September 2019
Received Travel Document: - pending delivery by DX today :)

Good luck to those waiting!

Rimjimrupa
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Rimjimrupa » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:53 pm

My travel document timeline
Online application 1 st of August 2019 and same day posted my documents.
TD issued : 19 th September
TD received:23 rd September
Still waiting for my expired travel document and in my new travel documents there is no time limit for staying in the uk 🇬🇧
Good luck everyone and thnx for your help guys x

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by ariskar » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:09 pm

My spouse's timeline:

Applied online: 27th July 2019
Posted documents and form: 29th July 2019
Documents and form received by HO: 30th July 2019
Return of old documents: Early September 2019
Received Travel Document: - Delivered: 18 September 2019

Good luck to those waiting!

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Australia

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by pinksunflower » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:18 am

Does anyone know what the rule is regarding how many blank pages you can have in a convention travel document when applying for a replacement?

My partner has three blank pages left. We intend to travel to 2 countries where he requires a visa. The embassies have specified that he needs two blank pages for each visa.

Can he request a replacement travel document and include a letter explaining why he needs a new one when the current one has three blank pages or does he not have to include an explanation?

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by ariskar » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:48 am

pinksunflower wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:18 am
Does anyone know what the rule is regarding how many blank pages you can have in a convention travel document when applying for a replacement?

My partner has three blank pages left. We intend to travel to 2 countries where he requires a visa. The embassies have specified that he needs two blank pages for each visa.

Can he request a replacement travel document and include a letter explaining why he needs a new one when the current one has three blank pages or does he not have to include an explanation?
You can request one, for sure. Beware it may take up to 70 working days ( about 3 months) to get one though...

In our experience, they processed it after we emailed them to ask for supporting documents return. Not sure this impacted it, but may force them at least scan them, so could force it a step up the application process...

traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Australia

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by pinksunflower » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:04 am

It took you 70 days to get a replacement travel document? Was the previous one you had expired or out of pages?

Post Reply
cron