ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependents of ILR application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gmmi

dependents of ILR application

Post by Gmmi » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:19 am

Hi,

Do dependens of the main applicant of ILR application need to go in person with him?

Gmmi,

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:48 am

No, there is no need for any of the dependants to go with the main applicant.

Also, irrespective of the number of the dependants, you only have to pay £250 (if you are making the application in person before Apr 2005)

Regards

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:39 pm

hi Kuram,

Do you know whether one needs to carry a transalted marriage certificate as well?

I haven't seen any such requirement from IND site but have read a few messages here saying its a must?

Thanks

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:11 pm

Thanks Khurram,

What documents should we take about dependents? Do we need to give a prove that they are living with me? If yes, then which documents are appropriate?

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:53 pm

sywahu:
Marriage Certificate - as a cautious measure I would suggest carry it with you.

Gmmi:
The documents that I carried with me when I applied for the ILR last year can be found here

Regards

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:56 am

Hi Khurram, thanks for the list of documents, Did they ask for marriage certificate?

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:13 am

Gmmi:
No, not from me .... but then that might have been cause my wife's passport carries her married name.

mr_pankaj

ILR for dependents

Post by mr_pankaj » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:14 am

Hi,
I got married 2 weeks back and become elligible for ILR in 2 weeks time.
My wife is not living in UK but is expected to join me in few days time (before I apply for ILR).

Would that not mean that my wife also becomes elligible ILR along with me ?

thx

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:19 am

My wife is not living in UK but is expected to join me in few days time (before I apply for ILR).
If she is in the UK at the time of making the ILR application, she can be added as a dependant on the main application (that will be made by your name).

Regards

mr_pankaj

Does the dependent also gets a stamp in his/her passport ?

Post by mr_pankaj » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:58 am

I will apply for ILR in 2 weeks, when my wife would join me here in UK in few days.

Would she also be getting a seperate ILR stamping in her passport, or would it be a common stamping (in my PP) ?

thanks
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:11 am

Would she also be getting a seperate ILR stamping in her passport, or would it be a common stamping (in my PP) ?
Your wife will have a separate stamping in her own passport.

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:51 am

Thanks for your reply.

I would be carrying the original Marriage Cert. with me but my wife's passport still reflects her pre-marriage name nor do I have her name endorsed on my passport yet .... hope that should NOT be an issue for my ILR application in a weeks time ?

thanks agian.

PS : All this is `coz i got very recently married.
Peace,
Pan

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:46 am

Personally think you shouldn't have any problems, but might be worthwhile waiting for other board members to respond, if they think otherwise.

John

Post by John » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:32 pm

Pan, there is no compulsion in UK law for a woman to change her surname when she marries. It is merely a convention that most follow but it is not a legal obligation.

Accordingly if your wife has not changed her surname then that fact should have no impact upon a visa application.
John

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Thanks John.

Another question ....

Sorry, if I sound like repeating my Question....

So, does it mean that my wife enters and joins me in UK on day-1 and I can take her passport along with me for ILR stamping on day-5 ?

(ofcouse coz I become elligible for ILR and I have Marriage Cert. as proof)

thank you
Peace,
Pan

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:09 pm

As posted by Khurram in this thread on 1st March :-
If she is in the UK at the time of making the ILR application, she can be added as a dependant on the main application (that will be made by your name).
The application form you will be using, SET(O)? If so, enter your wife's details into Section 4 of the form.

Don't forget you need to take the evidence listed in Section 7 of the form. You will see that includes two passport-size photos of each of you and your wife, but also a lot more.
John

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm

Is a marriage certificate required for a dependent spouse on the ILR application?

Some board members have said yes and some have said it might be required. But if the spouse's passport is stamped ( 4 year work permit dependent) as well then doesn't that mean that its not required?