ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between LTR and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prt772
Newly Registered

Difference between LTR and ILR

Post by prt772 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:41 pm

Hello Guys,

Thankyou very much such a wonderful discussion board.

As per my understanding LTR(Leave to remain) means if someone want to extend their stay in UK, for the reason of change in employment or extention on existing WP period.

ILR (indefinite leave to remain) means if someone wants to stay in this country after finishing their 3yrs+11 months as a HSMP or WP holder. They can apply for ILR and there after they dont require any kind of permits (HSMP or WP) to work in the UK.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now my question is what is the fees for LTR and ILR, because I heard(from the board only) that LTR fees are going to increase from April 1st 2005 from £250 to £500, does it apply to ILR fees as well. The reason I am confused here is there are completely different application forms FLR(O) for LTR and SET(O) for ILR. I cant see any specific fees for ILR (SET-O) application form.

I am finishing my 3yrs+11months on 25thApril, I am wonder whether I have to pay £250 or £500.

Thanks in advance,
PRT

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:36 pm

The fees for in-UK visa applications are the same for FLR and for ILR.

Currently £155 by post or £250 in person at a PEO.

But for applications received by IND on or after 1st April 2005, £335 by post or £500 in person at a PEO.

(For those on student visas different figures apply.)
John

prt772
Newly Registered

Post by prt772 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:02 pm

Thanks John...