ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doc Require for ILR appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

transponderuk
Newly Registered

Doc Require for ILR appointment

Post by transponderuk » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:09 pm

Hello all,

Could you please anyone indicate what kind of documents require for ILR application which i will made in person.

Do you require wage slips?
Cos i recently change my employment to hourly paid(Self Employed) where i will only have evidence of paying TAX only.(no wage slip)
Working for same employer, same role which specified in my Workpermit.

How do you work out actual 4 years of workpermit period.

My actual workpermit was approved on 10/04/01 for 3 yrs.
The 1st stamp was run out 18/04/04 which stamped on 22/05/01
Extended for 1 more year and stamp runs out on 18/04/04.

When can i make an appointment.

Can you apply for your unmarried partner at the same time. Does she need to be present for your appointment.

Sorry for a long list.

Thanks

Transponder

AlexCh

Re: Doc Require for ILR appointment

Post by AlexCh » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:36 am

transponderuk wrote: Could you please anyone indicate what kind of documents require for ILR application which i will made in person.

Do you require wage slips?
Cos i recently change my employment to hourly paid(Self Employed) where i will only have evidence of paying TAX only.(no wage slip)
Working for same employer, same role which specified in my Workpermit.
If you are a work permit holder, you cannot be Self Employed - you broke the law.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:30 pm

If you are a work permit holder, you cannot be Self Employed - you broke the law. <==== i don't think it should be any problem if you are working for the same employer

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:10 pm

olisun wrote:If you are a work permit holder, you cannot be Self Employed - you broke the law. <==== i don't think it should be any problem if you are working for the same employer
Self Employed people are - by definition - working for themselves, not for employers, even if they have contract with some clients. Just read the Leave to Enter/Remain conditions - it explicitly forbids to engage into any other business or employment. Beside that he will need a letter from his "employer" confirming that his employment with them still continues - most companies will not give such letter to any self-employed person, because their relationships are NOT employment.

I absolutely sure that if IND know that he is now working as a self-employed person, they will refuse his application immediately.

transponderuk
Newly Registered

Post by transponderuk » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:53 pm

My employer will give me a necessary letter. Do i still require wage slips for in person application.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:39 pm

I believe yet another umbrella scenario......I concur with sentiments raised about self employment - it will be of interest as to the content of the 'continuing in employment letter'. In regards to wage slips - the caseworker can ask for any document to substantiate claimed income to include such...I wouldn't want to gamble with such a vital immigration application 8). In any case you still need to wait until 28 days before the 4 yr anniversay of the date you received Leave To Remain as a WP holder = 22/05/01

transponderuk
Newly Registered

Post by transponderuk » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:22 pm

Do you guy suggest, not to take risk and go back to your employer?