ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

document to support naturalisation.letters from employers?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

K2004

document to support naturalisation.letters from employers?

Post by K2004 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:19 pm

hello, I am applying for Naturalisation on basis of 4 years WP + 1 year ILR, and i just noticed that this guidance note:

APPLICATIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF RESIDENCE IN THE
UNITED KINGDOM
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is
married to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
The applicant’s passports OR say why you are unable to provide one
on page 14 and supply
Letters from employers, educational establishments or other
Government Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the
United Kingdom during the relevant period OR
(For applicants from Switzerland or the European Economic Area)
evidence of attempts to obtain work during the relevant period

I am worried about the 2nd point,but NCS mentioend that i only need to bring my passport, and LIfe in the UK test pass certificate??
do you think that i should take all my previous work permits as eviddence , it is impossible to contact all my old employers for letters, ( some of them went bust)....any advice ???

thanks

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:23 pm

Hi

I did not submit any of the above, the NCS officer took a copy of my P60. i guess using the information on the P60, they probably can back track to check your credentials.
take your P60's and your payslips along, also the bank statements for your last 6 months does not hurt

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:12 pm

The additional documentation is required only if you are unable to provide passports. This is quite clear from the section you posted in bold ( note the OR condition). For a simple application supported by copies of passports and all absences listed in the relevant sections on the AN(NEW) form you don't need to supply any other form of documentation ( including p60 etc) to support your residence claims.
They can work out whether or not you meet the residence requirement from your passports. It's only if you have lost the passport etc. and can't even provide a certified copy that you need to provide alternative means of proving residence in the UK.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:05 pm

ah that is how they check the residence requirement

rahul_yanina

Post by rahul_yanina » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:09 pm

This was confirmed to me by the NCS person who checked my documents. She said they only need the employer's letter only when my stay in the U.K. cannot be covered from the passport.

However, she did take the letter I took from my employer, as it makes it easy for the case-worker to make sure of my continued stay.

So if you can get a letter, get it, as it might help. if you can't, and your passport can prove the continued stay, don't worry about the letter.