ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Citizenship (Travelling with both countries passports)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukhotels
Newly Registered
Ghana

Dual Citizenship (Travelling with both countries passports)

Post by ukhotels » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:04 pm

I am a holder of both British and Ghanaian passports. To avoid the hassle I have to go through for Ghanaian Visa, I am asking if I can travel with the both Passports and enter Ghana with the Ghanaian passport and then use the British Passport at the port of entry at Heathrow Airport. I don't need a visa when entering Ghana with the Ghanaian passport but I want to know if I will not have any questions for not having a Ghanaian visa in my British Passport when entering the UK

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Dual Citizenship (Travelling with both countries passports)

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 pm

I guess, show your Ghanaian passport if the question is asked - that will answer the question, and it's ok to have more than one passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Dual Citizenship (Travelling with both countries passports)

Post by Klarae » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:41 pm

My husband does exactly the same. He has a Nigerian passport but is British born so also has a British passport. He only shows his Nigerian passport when leaving Britain and entering Nigeria and shows his British passport when leaving Nigeria and entering the UK
Airlines need to confirm you have the appropriate visa or passport for destination country.