ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL Question for Naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

basis

ESOL Question for Naturalisation

Post by basis » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:52 pm

I am well qualified - post graduate but will be difficult to obtain the certificate for medium of instruction from my college.

The only other alternative seems to be ESOL test. Few questions on that -

1. I am in Summertown near Oxford - where can I go for the exam. How do I contact them. Is there any website ?

2. Is it only a written exam or it includes oral exam as well. Not an issue either way - just out of curiosity.

3. How much time it takes to get the certificate from the day we register.

anonymous10
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous10 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Before you jump into ESOL think of the other options you have.

HO is quite liberal with certificates if they are convinced that your course was taught in English. When I was applying for my British Citizenship I sent my degree certificate as I did not have anyway of proving that the course was taught in English because the certificate was issued by a university in a non-English speaking country. HO promptly wrote back to me saying that they will accept it as evidence that I have sufficient knowledge of English. I suggest that you try sending your certificate to HO and wait for their response.

The second option is to go to a solicitor or a notary. If you can convince them that you can speak good English you should not have a problem in getting your language skills certified.

I was a bit hasty and did not wait for the home office response and went to a notary. After I had spent £60 I got this homeoffice letter.

At the end of the day it is your decision.