ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exempt Vignette - Diplomatic Posting to the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashu_india
Newly Registered
India

Exempt Vignette - Diplomatic Posting to the UK

Post by ashu_india » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for the Exempt Vignette (Diplomatic Posting to the UK) on 8th February 2019 from Pune, India. I had contacted UKVI on 6th March, 2019 to know the status of my application & they told me status is "Decision has been made" but till date no further information from UKVI. I am still waiting for my passport. I have applied for exemption along with my wife. She has applied for (Diplomatic Posting to the UK-Dependant)

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

vinny

Re: Exempt Vignette - Diplomatic Posting to the UK

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 am

Did you provide a letter from your Ministry of External Affairs?

If a decision has been made, then it shouldn’t take long now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ashu_india
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashu_india » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:17 am

Hi Vinny,

Actually I will be working in one of the international organization in the UK which is exempted from visa. That's why I have applied for Exempt Vignette as per procedure.

Yes, I have provided supporting letter given by an organization. It includes both mine & my wife's passport details & exemption related information.

I have contacted UKVI again via Email & they have escalated my case to concerned department.

One thing is, I haven't checked status of my wife's application. Will it cause delay because of her application? I hope if yes then at least I should get my passport first if decision has been made on my application.

ashu_india
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashu_india » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am

Today I again called UKVI & asked about my & wife's application status; They said my case has been escalated but now they don't see status of my application. Earlier they were able to see status as "Decision has been made" & but now they are unable to see it. As per their explanation, they can't see status for long hence after some days information will be deleted from their end. This is same with my wife's application too. (No information)

They said, I may get my passport by end of this week. But again no confirmation.

I really don't have any clue, what's going on... :(

ashu_india
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashu_india » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Dear Vinny,

Any suggestions? I just got stuck :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Diplomatic applications are probably straight forward. They shouldn’t take too long.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ashu_india
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashu_india » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 am

Yes even they have mentioned on their website "You should get decision within 3 weeks". What needs to be done now? I have already contacted UKVI 4 times over phone & by email. They said your case has been escalated but now it's 6th day from the escalation date. It's already 29th Working day.

Any help would be really appreciated.

ashu_india
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashu_india » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Vinny,

I asked the organization in the UK to check status from their end & came to know I have to ask VFS for my documents. It is strange I didn't get any email/sms from both UKVI & VFS for passport delivery. Tomorrow I will contact VFS for my passport. Hope to get it. Fingers crossed :(

captainamerica
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by captainamerica » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello,

Do you have any updates? Did you receive your vignette yet? If yes, may I ask how long it took?

I have applied for mine 4-5 weeks ago in UK and no way I can get an update. The Home Office call center is not helpful at all.