ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa for Mum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cofe

Family Visit Visa for Mum

Post by cofe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:06 am

Hi,

My mum who lives in India is planning to visit me twice this year, the first time for 2 months in June/July along with my dad and then later alone in october for 6 months.

She has visited UK once before 2 years back.

I was wondering if it would be better to apply for a 2 year visa for her or can I apply for 2 short term visit visas in the same year?
My lease is only for a year, so 2 year visa might be refused, so not sure about it.

Please advise.

Thanks.

ash321

Post by ash321 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:13 pm

If u apply for two years visa it doesn't mean that she can stay two year here. She can stay 6 months in twelve consecutive months only. By applying two years you can just save the fees increase in future.

neerajverma18
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visit Visa for Mum

Post by neerajverma18 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm going to apply family visitor visa for my mum. I'm currently on ILR and my wife is a BRITISH CITIZEN. My mums last name on passport is VERMA and on my passport its RANI. (Last name difference). Is there is anything needs to be done to explain this i.e. AFFIDAVIT FROM NOTARY IN INDIA declaring both are same person etc.

Please guide.

Thank you

NEERAJ VERMA