ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit visa near expiry of my Tier1 visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

namastelondon

family visit visa near expiry of my Tier1 visa

Post by namastelondon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi,

I want to apply family visitor visa for my mother this month. She will travel in Jan 2013. I want the visa also to start from Jan 2013.

The issue I have got is that my visa is going to expire in Feb 2013. I am going to apply for ILR but I am not sure that my Tier 1 visa expiry date is going to cause an issue in her getting visa.

Do you think that visa office can reject her family visitor visa based on my visa restriction.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:27 pm

No, but he (the visa officer in your words) may have the capacity to curtail the grant to match the expiry of your leave. However, I don't this this would happen. If your mother's independent circumstances (which she must demonstrate) makes her eligible for a general visit visa, she should be eligible to have the full six months that is normally granted. If she is deemed an immigration risk, she won't get the visa in any case, regardless of your presence or otherwise in the UK.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No, but he (the visa officer in your words) may have the capacity to curtail the grant to match the expiry of your leave. However, I don't this this would happen. If your mother's independent circumstances (which she must demonstrate) makes her eligible for a general visit visa, she should be eligible to have the full six months that is normally granted. If she is deemed an immigration risk, she won't get the visa in any case, regardless of your presence or otherwise in the UK.
Thanks Lucapooka for your reply. So according to you it should not be an issue. What I do not want is caseworker to decide about the outcome.

Has anyone had any rejection or issued visa of shorter duration?