ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AGM23

Family Visitor visa

Post by AGM23 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Dear all,

I have few questions and wondering if anyone could help?

I want to sponsor my sister to apply for visitor visa to visit me here in UK, she has had UK visa in the past and has now expired (5 years multiple)

She has her own business in home country so not really dependent on me financially for the trip although i would be happy to assist her with any expenditures during her stay, so below are the questions?

What supporting documents should i send from my side?
She will be staying with my other sister here in UK, so can we both send our own documents to help her application? i.e bank statements, property documents, passport copies etc? or just one should be enough?
When sending documents, how should i send the documents? i.e originals or attested copies? such as bank statements, property documents, sponsor letter etc.
Does Family visitor visa category still exist? I could not find it?

Hope someone can help.

Kind Regards

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Family Visitor visa

Post by THO » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:37 am

She needs to prove she will return home and can fund the trip. You're documents won't help her, since how much money you have is irrelevant for her visa.

Show she has a reason to return, so her house, her company details, proof she has the funds to pay for her trip. Her family back home, parents etc.

An itinerary, what will she go visit, why she wants to visit. N.B. Do not say she is visiting to help look after your new baby/ child or you will be refused as this is deemed as work, which is not allowed on a visit visa.

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Thanks Tho,

I understand all your points, however if she was to stay she would be staying with my other sister, surely proof would be required i.e mortgage statement, letter confirming she will be staying with her etc? so question is do they need to see originals or copies are fine? as it would be easier to send scanned copies that can be printed and submitted, or else would need to send via courier.

I don't know where you got the baby part? as this is not the case anyway.

Thanks

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:28 pm

The baby part was just a warning, in case she was visiting for that reason, and you had not mentioned it.

As for the proof of accommodation, then copies would be fine, you would not be expected to send original deeds.

Where is she coming from?

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Thanks Tho,
She is Pakistani citizen, but lives and works in Abu Dhabi so will be applying from there.

Thanks

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Hi could someone please help.

Is there a employer letter template that i could get to forward it to my sister to give it to her employer which will confirm her employment details? Its a small business so the owner is not sure what to write? if i could get a template that would help? i have searched the forum but could not find anything?

Letter should be addressed to Embassy or To whom it may concern?

Thanks

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:13 pm
Hi could someone please help.

Is there a employer letter template that i could get to forward it to my sister to give it to her employer which will confirm her employment details? Its a small business so the owner is not sure what to write? if i could get a template that would help? i have searched the forum but could not find anything?

Letter should be addressed to Embassy or To whom it may concern?

Thanks
Any good Samaritan :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:57 pm

There is NO template letter.

Her employment details and authorised leave details simply need to in the letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:57 pm
There is NO template letter.

Her employment details and authorised leave details simply need to in the letter.
Thanks CR001

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi could someone please assist?

My sister along with other family members were refused UK visitor visa back in 2010-11, however decision was appealed and overturned and were granted visa.

question in the application is have you ever been refused visa? so does she need to say yes to that? someone told me No because they were granted visa on appeal so its not a refusal?

Appreciate your thoughts? and if someone else has been in a similar situation could shed some light?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:54 pm

If she was (initially) refused, then answer “yes”.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:52 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:54 pm
If she was (initially) refused, then answer “yes”.
Thanks Vinny, however i just found out that initial visa was refused in 2010 and was appealed and granted. applied for 5 years visa in 2015 and said No to the question and visa was still granted? it is really confusing and seems it doesn't matter if you say Yes or No? any thoughts?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:33 am

I think a successful appeal does not necessarily make a refusal unhappen. If she was initially refused, then I believe that answering “yes” would be a more truthful and safer answer.

IMHO, they cannot fault her for saying “yes” to the question as posed. But if her previous answer to the same question in 2015 was “no”, then her answers contradicts each other.

If the question was limited to the past 10 years, then there may also be no deception in saying “no”.

It may depend on how caseworkers interpret the question and answer after looking at the applicant’s records.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks Vinny,

I will be sending her my bank statements as well in support of her application confirming i will pay the expenses whilst she is in UK, however my address on my bank statements is different from my residential address? could someone advice if this is ok? or do i need to explain why the address is different?

Thanks

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:38 am

AGM23 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:16 pm
Thanks Vinny,

I will be sending her my bank statements as well in support of her application confirming i will pay the expenses whilst she is in UK, however my address on my bank statements is different from my residential address? could someone advice if this is ok? or do i need to explain why the address is different?

Thanks
Can be someone please help? I do have same address bank statements but its not a UK bank ie bank account in other country? which statements would be more suitable please if someone could have input? Thanks

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:47 am

Why can't you change the address with the bank, then you can download statements with current address.

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:18 pm

jacsll55 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:47 am
Why can't you change the address with the bank, then you can download statements with current address.
Doesn't work this way, statements have already been generated and address can not be changed on current statements.

Can anyone please please advice? Thanks

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello,

Could someone please advice how are the sponsor's usually contacted? is it through phone call or email? what happens if you are not able to answer when they call? do they try again? reason i am asking is because i might be traveling during the sister's application process so want to be sure? Also can someone please help with bank statement question? would really appreciate that and sorry for keep asking but have done all the searches i could and have not found the answer?

Thanks