ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR and Travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talktome

FLR and Travel

Post by talktome » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:07 pm

hi ,
does anyone know if an applicant can travel between switching of his wp and flr application...eg I have just switched employers and my new employer has got the wp transferred and now I need to apply for my flr.The new rules state that I can work for my new employer without waiting for flr approval , my question is
1. can I delay my flr application so that I can travel overseas for 1-2 weeks and come back...
2. Is there any risk here in terms of returning back to UK, i spoke to a solictior and it seems its fine as long as I have leave to remain in the country , even though this was with my prev employer...

Thanks

jbb

Post by jbb » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:41 pm

Did you get any answers on that?
Last edited by jbb on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

deepakgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by deepakgeorge » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:00 pm

That's valid ...I have done the same.. I spoke to home office and they confirmed that only thing I need to do is enter the country before the visa expires. And I explained the situation to the Immigration Officer at the airport and and they let me in ... I showed the new Work Permit document also .!!
Hope this answers your query ..