ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh Talent Scotland

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chess
Diamond Member

Fresh Talent Scotland

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:00 am

Gurus,

I have just got this quote from our hosts 'news page'
Students have one year from the time they complete their studies to apply and must intend to work in Scotland during the two years.

If they wish to transfer into standard work permit employment this must be in Scotland and at the end of the two years they must either leave the country or switch to a standard managed migration scheme.
Is the latter part correct?

I.e if one works in Scotland for 2 years - can a company in England or Wales or N. Ireland empliy them on a WP? must they continue putting up with Scottish weather!?
Where there is a will there is a way.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:29 am

Chess,

I quote the following from the workingintheuk website:
Can I switch into other employment categories?

Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland scheme participants will be eligible to switch in-country into leave as a:

work permit holder, if the work permit is for employment in Scotland
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) participant
Business person
Innovator

You would have to show that you meet the requirements of the category you apply to switch into. Further information on these schemes is available on this website.

If you do not switch into one of these categories, you will have to leave the UK by the time your leave expires.
It appears that after the 2 years, one can switch into WP employment provided such is with a Scottish company, best thing would be to switch into HSMP which is not restricted to Scotland only.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:02 pm

Does it mean that to apply for HSMP in Scotland (for someone over 28 years old), you only need 2 years of graduate level experience (instead of 5 years) ? Thanks.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 am

fpvt2,

You will need to meet the HSMP over 28 criteria just as any other person applying irrespective of whether you are in Scotland or any other place.

S

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:23 pm

Thanks.
What is this Fresh Talent Scotland refer to ?
What did you mean by after the 2 years, one can switch into WP employment ? Is this for students ?
Thanks.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:59 pm

fpvt2 wrote: What is this Fresh Talent Scotland refer to ?
You might like to have a look at this http://www.britishcouncil.org/usa-educa ... otland.htm
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....