ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP On Lost Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivekshere
Newly Registered

HELP On Lost Passport

Post by vivekshere » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:06 am

I lost my indian passport. I have applied for a new one and will be getting it in a week. But i have to go to india on a urgent basis.

For getting the new passport stamped, I need to use the TOC form. I cannot afford to spend 500 £ to go to the PEO office,

Now my question is that, can i apply for the visa after going to india in the indian consulate.

or can i apply for the visa after returning back to UK (I have the three years HSMP extension letter with me). Will there be any problem at the Port of entry or while boarding the flight at indian airport

Also i have the three years visa stamped on my wife's passort.

Please advise me on this
Thanks a lot

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:50 pm

vivekshere wrote:can i apply for the visa after returning back to UK (I have the three years HSMP extension letter with me). Will there be any problem at the Port of entry or while boarding the flight at indian airport
No you cannot (because you would not get back into the UK) .... yes there will be a problem at the Indian airport ... the airline will not let you board (fearing a £2000 penalty for bringing in someone who needs a visa and does not have one). Thus the point about port of entry does not apply, but yes, there would be a problem.

Given the loss of the old passport I think you really must get a new sticker in your new Indian passport before leaving the UK .... however inconvenient the delay might be. Also I doubt whether you would get that on a same-day basis at a PEO. So apply by post and just hope that it does not take too long.

Finally, keep your new passport safe! A point I have made in another topic .... the likes of B&Q sell non-fireproof safes for less than £30 ... and a fire-proof one is not very expensive. IMHO every house should have a safe, even if it is a cheap non-fireproof type.
John

vivekshere
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by vivekshere » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:32 pm

Thanks John, I will get the stamping before going to India.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:34 pm

You will need to file a report with the UK police and obtain a police abstract to the effect that your passport has been misplaced. It may help if you have a copy of your lost passport and corresponding UKRP.

I agree with John, you should get this sorted out before you fly out or you will have problems. British Missions abroad do not issue UKRP's especially 3 year HSMP extensions even if these are replacements.