ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help to get visa for my Iranian Girlfriend - I am disabled

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BlindNinja
Newly Registered
Mood:

Help to get visa for my Iranian Girlfriend - I am disabled

Post by BlindNinja » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:34 pm

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I met a girl online and we hit it off really well. I travelled over 5000miles alone as a blind person to meet her in Armenia. we had a great time and we want to close the gap. she is a translator and this poses a problem for her to get out of the country, as she has no ownership of property, no 9-5 job as she is freelance. I can sponser her, I work full-time and exceed the required salary for sponsership. which options are best for us? we haven't been living together, but we want to get married in the near future. thank you for your help in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Help to get visa for my Iranian Girlfriend - I am disabled

Post by manci » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 pm

BlindNinja wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:34 pm
I can sponser her, I work full-time and exceed the required salary for sponsership. which options are best for us? we haven't been living together, but we want to get married in the near future. thank you for your help in advance.
As you haven't been living together she is not eligible for apply for a fiancée visa.

There are two possibilities:

1. If you get married abroad she will be eligible to apply for a spouse visa. Presumably you cannot or don't want to travel to Iran, so this can be in any country where both of you can travel to and the local law allows it.

2. She applies for a marriage visitor visa, which is valid for 6 months, comes to the UK and you get married here. She will then have to return to Iran and apply for a spouse visa from there.

She needs to check if either or both of these two routes would be feasible under Iranian regulations.

Keep a record of all communications between you to show that you have a genuine relationship.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:07 pm

manci wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 pm
As you haven't been living together she is not eligible for apply for a fiancée visa.
There is absolutely NO requirement to have lived together to be eligible to apply for a fiance visa. You are confusing the requirements for an Unmarried Partner visa, which is not the same as the 6 month Fiance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:07 pm
here is absolutely NO requirement to have lived together to be eligible to apply for a fiance visa.
Correction - the fiancée visa is possibility No 3
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice