ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! UK citizen residing in spain with nigerian partner wanting to go on holidays to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

clairecurrey7
Newly Registered

Help! UK citizen residing in spain with nigerian partner wanting to go on holidays to UK

Post by clairecurrey7 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:30 pm

I am from the uk and have lived in spain for 20 years (i only have a british passport). My partner is nigerian (nigerian passport and long term residency permit in spain) and we have 3 children (all with only british passports).

Is there anything we can apply for in terms of visas etc for my partner to be able to travel to the UK?

Usually we apply each year for a standard visa for him so we can all visit my family for xmas, but it works out expensive and very time consuming every year (he has to have an interview and fill in lots of documents, send passport etc) just for a short trip!

Ive seen that a EEA family visa is free but im not residing in the UK and it seems its for eea residents in uk?

If we got married would it help?

Is there any recommended places that could give us advice on our situation?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Help! UK citizen residing in spain with nigerian partner wanting to go on holidays to UK

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm

If he wish can keep repeating in applying visit visas as usual otherwise he need to marry you but you have to do some work for 6 months in uk which gives you at least £18600 or if you have 6 months old savings of about £62500 then can apply spouse visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Re: Help! UK citizen residing in spain with nigerian partner wanting to go on holidays to UK

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm
If he wish can keep repeating in applying visit visas as usual otherwise he need to marry you but you have to do some work for 6 months in uk which gives you at least £18600 or if you have 6 months old savings of about £62500 then can apply spouse visa.
The OP appears to asking about an easier and less expensive option for visiting the UK with her partner, not settlement. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Does your Nigerian spouse have an Article 10 Residence Card or an Article 20 PR Card that states "Family Member of an EU citizen" (in Spanish)? If he does, he can travel to the UK with you (or to join you if you are already in the UK) without a visit visa.

He will still need a visit visa if he is traveling on his own.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.