ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Visitor visa refused for bogus reason :!:

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fliege
Newly Registered

Help - Visitor visa refused for bogus reason :!:

Post by fliege » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello,

My father-in-law applied for a visa to the UK from China to visit us and his new granddaughter. The letters we wrote in support of his application made it clear that this was the reason for visiting.

The visa was refused with the wording: "Whilst I note you have submitted financial documents, these are not in your name and the documents you have submitted do not demonstrate a relationship with the person". There are two more paragraphs of fluff, but these say nothing extra. The documents my father-in-law submitted absolutely are in his name: clear as day to anyone with reading ability. One financial document even has has national ID number, which can be cross-referenced with the supplied copy of his national ID card.

The response letter states that "In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review".

Is there really no way to appeal this? Can this be appealed on the basis of human-rights to family or similar? Just re-submitting the application seems like a bad idea given that that the reviewing officer hasn't reported an actual problem we can rectify.

Thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Help - Visitor visa refused for bogus reason :!:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:42 pm

and the documents you have submitted do not demonstrate a relationship with the person
Letters written by family members don't demonstrate relationship. When I invite my brother's wife to visit in the UK, the following documents are in the application:

- My birth certificate
- My brother's birth certificate
- Our parents "family book" showing their marriage and all their kids.
- My brother certificate of marriage showing his name and wife's name

We never had a family relationship questioned because we always demonstrate it by a succession of official documents showing clearly who is who and who is related to whom and how.

As for the accounts not in his name, this is a classic from Home Office, sadly. Often they don't read the documents or pretend they weren't provided then they refuse on that basis.

Fyi: the right of appeal for visitor visas was abolished in 2013
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/righ ... -abolished