ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Honorary Contract

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rrsmf12
Newly Registered
Portugal

Honorary Contract

Post by rrsmf12 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:39 am

Hello. I am doing a 3 months honorary contract in a hospital in London. This is unpaid work and it is part of my training in my home hospital. I thought I needed a T5 Visa but the hospital in London says they don't give sponsorship for unpaid honorary contracts. Can I go without a Visa (because this is part of my training I would go as a student) or do I need a visa anyway? If so, what is the Visa that I need? Because I have searched the gov.uk website up and down and I cannot figure out a Visa that does not require a sponsor.

I have tried the Home Office but they never answer the phone!! Please help!

secret.simon

Re: Honorary Contract

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 am

rrsmf12 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:39 am
I have tried the Home Office but they never answer the phone!!
The Home Office support number is outsourced to a third party and not answered by Home Office staffers. So don't count on or rely on their immigration advice.

What is your current UK immigration status, if any? Where have you done your medical training/where is your home hospital?

You can't work in the UK on a visit visa.

Assuming you are a Portuguese national, based on the flag on your profile, have a look at this page on the Gov.UK website. It lists some of the visas that you may be eligible for, but almost all of them require a certificate of sponsorship.

If your home hospital has an agreement with the UK hospital, it may be worth going via the appropriate channels to request the UK hospital to issue you a certificate of sponsorship for these visas (which may be easier to do that issuing visas for longer term work visas).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.