ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do an over-stayer regularise themselves in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

triple08
Newly Registered
Nigeria

How do an over-stayer regularise themselves in the UK

Post by triple08 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:18 am

I have a friend who have been in the country for 14 years but have over-stayed by 6 years what are his options on how to regularise himself here in the UK. Any idea will be welcomed ASAP thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How do an over-stayer regularise themselves in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:21 am

What is his full UK immigration history?

Is he single, in a relationship, children.........??

On what basis does he believe he can regularise his stay??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

triple08
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by triple08 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:03 pm

He came in as a student, renewed a couple of time as a student. until the school i think closed down. And right now i know he doesn't have a child and i don't think he has girlfriend that i am aware of at this present time. And i don't know what basis he is looking to regularise himself that why i am asking if there is any basis on which he can regularise himself or any chance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm

that why i am asking if there is any basis on which he can regularise himself or any chance.
Unlikely.

He could try FLR(FP) private life, but absolutely no guarantee of success as a difficult route when he is single and no strong ties to the UK other than what appears to be 'preferring it here'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nj2016
Newly Registered

Post by Nj2016 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm

He may be eligible under Appendix FM Section 1.0b published on 23 January 2019. This guidance seems to be a hope/opportunity for overstayers and illegal migrants for submission of an application to peruse 10 years route.
Last edited by Nj2016 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Nj2016 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm
He may be eligible under Appendix FM Section 1.0b published by 23 January 2019. This guidance seems to be a hope/opportunity for overstayers and illegal migrants for submission of an application to peruse 10 years route.
Which is exactly what I have already said.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

triple08
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by triple08 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:29 am

Thank you Guys for the response so far.
but one more question, is there any such thing as the Commonwealth Visa? and if there is , is that something he could also try if there is any chance even a slim chance it could work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 am

is there any such thing as the Commonwealth Visa?
No there is not. He only has the option of FLR(FP) Private life within the UK and currently with no legal status and there is no guarantee of success as he is single. FLR(FP) would be a 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas). Current cost is £1033 plus £1000 IHS fee.

The more common visa routes from outside the UK are :

Tier 1 £50k and £200k routes (this is a starting a business route visa).
Tier 2 General - he needs a sponsor for this.
Tier 4 Student visa - he needs a sponsor for this and pays international student fees.
Tier 5 - Depends on which category but YMS has an age limit.

Spouse Settlement visa - He needs a British spouse or spouse who holds ILR and meets the strict financial requirements etc.

UK Ancestry visa - Must have a UK born Grand parent to qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

triple08
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by triple08 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks very much for the response this has been very helpful.

i just found out he was married but now divorced but during his marriage he never applied for a stay he has just recovered from a medical condition called bell's palsy but the problem was he was still suffering mentally as this affected his confident and in turn his marriage suffered and eventually divorced was filed. and having known him for a few years i honest i don't think he has been himself ever since. so the question is can he under the Appendix FM Section 1.0b published on 23 January 2019 still make an application and if there is any chance he can be successful?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Yes he can apply.

No one can tell you if an application on FLR(FP) Private life will be successful or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

triple08
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by triple08 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you very much for the help you guys have been very helpful thank you. i pray the lord bless you guys with the work you guys do here.

jasonowen
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jasonowen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:30 pm

The only way he can legalize his overstay is to be here 20 years as an overstayer, and thats from a immigration lawyer, but there are some free government workshops and organisations who can help him go home. They will even pay for your ticket.