ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I have applied for a visit visa outside the U.K. can I overstay my current one?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Halifuz
Newly Registered
Germany

If I have applied for a visit visa outside the U.K. can I overstay my current one?

Post by Halifuz » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello everyone,
I have applied for a second visit visa to the U.K. outside the U.K. I have to travel the the U.K. because of personal circumstances and I was wondering if I am allowed to overstay until I get a decision on my other visa
Thank you!

Casa

Re: If I have applied for a visit visa outside the U.K. can I overstay my current one?

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:05 am

Halifuz wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:02 pm
Hello everyone,
I have applied for a second visit visa to the U.K. outside the U.K. I have to travel the the U.K. because of personal circumstances and I was wondering if I am allowed to overstay until I get a decision on my other visa
Thank you!
No you can't overstay. Also my understanding is, if you leave your home country while awaiting a decision, your visitor visa application will be withdrawn.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Re: If I have applied for a visit visa outside the U.K. can I overstay my current one?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:04 am

Are you a German citizen or a non-EEA citizen? Are you related (spouse, child or parent) to a non-British EEA citizen?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Halifuz
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Halifuz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm

I’m a non eea citizen with a German parent.