ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilegible for ILR route?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vinsanchez0115
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Ilegible for ILR route?

Post by Vinsanchez0115 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi,

I came here 2010 as a student and continued my studies untilI I finished Level 7 Btec in Management last 2015. My fiancée then now my wife came 2016 here as Tier 2 General Working Visa to be a Nurse and applied my new visa as a Spouse/ Dependent Visa. We're due next year january togethere with my son. Am i allowed to apply for a ILR status given that I been to the UK for almost 8 years now including my previous student visas? Or my only option is to be under my wife as her dependent. Thanks for your time.

secret.simon

Re: Ilegible for ILR route?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:59 pm

What was your UK Immigration status between the end of the BTec in Management course in 2015 & your spouse visa after 2016?

Give us a detailed immigration history of all the applications, refusals and appeals, if any, with dates (months/years), for us to advise you further.

In any case, ILR Long Residence requires 10 years of continuous legal residence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.