ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal in US going to UK?!?!?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Peter Kartalov
Newly Registered

Illegal in US going to UK?!?!?

Post by Peter Kartalov » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:56 pm

My wife and I are both currently in US where we were denied adjustment of status 4 years ago. However we decided not to leave the US until we graduate from college. My wife is Lithuanian(EEA member) and I am Bulgarian and we are now planning to take advantage of Lithuania's EEA membership.
My questions are:
Will the fact that we have been illegal in US affect negatively our application to get in the UK?
Where is it better to apply US or Bulgaria(having in mind that I have been living out of Bulgaria for the past 5 years?

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:00 pm

Peter, haven't you asked exactly the same questions before? I honestly thought that as you had not posted recently you were now settled in the UK.

Peter, apply for an EEA Family Permit where you are now living ... the USA!
John

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:50 pm

Peter Kartalov wrote:My questions are:
Will the fact that we have been illegal in US affect negatively our application to get in the UK?
Where is it better to apply US or Bulgaria(having in mind that I have been living out of Bulgaria for the past 5 years?
An amendment (in Jan 2005) to the EEA Immigration Regulations (on the basis of a decision by the European Court of Justice) requires an applicant for status under treaty basis to be 'legally' present in the country of application in this case the US. The relevant British Consulate may or may not decide to follow said directive - you have nothing to lose since there is no fee. There is no right of appeal if your application is refused.