ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR accepted but BRP it is not 10 years valid

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Capkin42
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR accepted but BRP it is not 10 years valid

Post by Capkin42 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:53 am

Hi,

I was waiting result for my ILR application which i made nearly 8 months ago finally i have received the email which is successful and received my BRP just right now but it is valid from 14/05/2022 until 31/12/2024.

It should have been 10 years right ?

The email which confirming my application is successful and it was saying the BRP card is going to be 10 years. Is it normal should i ask for replacement ? On BRP showing like that as well.

TYPE OF PERMIT: SETTLEMENT

REMARKS : INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN

Also, What is the next steps for me now i need to wait 12 months for naturalisation right ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR accepted but BRP it is not 10 years valid

Post by zimba » Wed May 18, 2022 9:32 am

ILR status is permanent and it does NOT expire, only the card does. Your BRP is issued correctly. All BRP cards ever issued by the UKVI are only valid until the end of 2024. There is some news that BRPs are being totally phased out in 2024 (possibility replaced by digital proof of status) UKVI so far has not announced the exact plans for post-2024. The approval letters are generic and may not be very accurate.

You need to wait at least 365 days from the date of your ILR approval to apply for naturalisation (This is assuming you are not married to a British citizen)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice