ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - Dependent's stay outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachin_4646

ILR application - Dependent's stay outside UK

Post by sachin_4646 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 pm

Hello,

I'm planning to apply ILR. My wife has been on dependent visa since May 2003. She has stayed outside UK for continuous period of about 8 months. Does that affect her eligibility for ILR ?

I do not see any questions on ILR form about her stay outside UK. Is it safe to assume that dependent's absence does not matter as long as the primary applicant qualifies for ILR ?

I'd appreciate your answers.

Regards,
Sachin

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:14 pm

They may well want some assurance that it is a genuine relationship and that you intend to make the UK your home.

Why was she away so long? Were you with her?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:06 am

She gave birth to a baby and wanted to spend time with her/my parents. I was in UK during this time.

Sachin

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 am

go for it and dont worry just send a covering letter , there is nothing in legislation in regards to absences

and as you have a child then that is a proof that your marrige is a legitimate one

so i dont think there should be a prob

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 am

go for it and dont worry just send a covering letter , there is nothing in legislation in regards to absences

and as you have a child then that is a proof that your marrige is a legitimate one

so i dont think there should be a prob
but please let us know what happens and go via the postal route as that would be best

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:08 pm

I'd appreciate if any of the senior members can reply to my post. Thanks.