ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPLICATION TOMMOROW FINAL ISSUE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eeckard
Newly Registered

ILR APPLICATION TOMMOROW FINAL ISSUE

Post by eeckard » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:29 pm

These forums have been great for me in preparing my ILR application. On doing final checks I have one final issue. After painstakingly going through all the boards I could not find a conclusive answer on my issue.

Here are the facts:
- in country and applied to swap from TWES to WP
- received a letter from the Home Office with a leave to remain stamp on it indicating my leave to remian has been granted (and work permit approved). They never asked for my passport. The date of the stamp is 6 April 2001
- returned from weeks vacation on 30 April 2001 and presented the letter to the officer at Heathrow and the officer stamped in a limited leave to remain stamp with the expiry date the same as on the letter from the home office, no questions asked.
- expiry date of WP is 5 April 2005 and I have an appointment tomorrow (4 weeks before 5 April 2005)

The question is, am I correct in assuming that the stamp date on the letter from the HO is the date the work permit started (it is logical as the end date is ecactly 4 years later on the same stamp as 5 April 2005). In all the strings I read everyone always says that you should take the date of the stamp in your passport. Nowhere did the home office state I should give my passport to them for stamping.

More info on the stamp on the letter:
- it is the exact same stamp someone would have had in their passport had the passport been endorsed.
- The date on the letter is 6 April 2001 and it clearly says the leave to remain ends on 5 April 2001.

Please help, can I apply as per my appointment tomorrow?

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:38 pm

Back in 2001, I also only received a rubber stamp type stamp in my passport (for 18 months). My company had to request an extension (because they hadn't been in business for more than a year) - the second stamp in my passport had an end date of xx Sep 2006 for my work permit. If I hadn't the drama of redundency, new company and HSMP, (meaning if I had stayed with my original company the entire 4 yrs leading up to ILR), then that stamp would have been all I needed.

Now-a-days they put residence permit stickers in the passport. But I think you should be ok though.

marr1a

eeckard
Newly Registered

GOT IT

Post by eeckard » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:24 pm

Got ILR this morning...

Very quick service, no unusual questions or issues. In and out in 2.5 hours. Many thanks to all the folks who have posted info on this site. It is by far the most informative community for immigration issues out there.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:46 pm

Congrats eeckard!

Would it be possible for you to share the content of your employment letter. Of course you can take out the names etc but just the content would be really useful.

I am up for it soon and this is the only thing that I don't have at the moment and need to get it from the employer. I know it should mainly say "....employment is conitnuing...." but am not sure about details.