ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR attachments?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Qwerty
Newly Registered

ILR attachments?

Post by Qwerty » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:14 pm

Thank you all for helping with all my queries in getting my ILR. It was very easy indeed to get ILR if your papers are correct.

I am given ILR on my passport stating I can stay indefinitely in UK. Somebody was mentioning me there is a separate paper (letter?) accompanying the ILR stamp on the passport is that so? If there is one when I will be receiving that. What is the significance of that?

Regards
Qwerty.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:57 am

The significance of this letter is that it saves you paying for a transfer of your stamp (NTL) to a new passport.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:38 pm

tvt wrote:The significance of this letter is that it saves you paying for a transfer of your stamp (NTL) to a new passport.
In what way exactly does it do this?

Qwerty
Newly Registered

Post by Qwerty » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:45 pm

Hi,

Anybody knows whether the letter comes later, or I need to specifically ask for it?

Thanks,
Qwerty

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Earlier, they used to give the letter along with the passport on the day of stamping. I am not sure how it is done now.

Qwerty
Newly Registered

Post by Qwerty » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:47 am

Any update on this please?

Thanks and Regards,

Q w e r t y.

anonymous10
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous10 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:20 pm

I am surprised that you did not get the letter along with your stamped passport. I would advise you to check with the IND.

The letter is useful to get the new passport stamped if one loses his/her passport. IND specifically advises people to keep their Passport and the letter in separate places as a precaution.

Dude
Newly Registered

Post by Dude » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi , i got my ILR issued to me in Person in Dec'04. I only got a stamp on my passport and two generic papers explaining me what and what i can't do in the country . However i never received the letter u mentioned. Should i contact the HO. PLease advise.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:31 am

Dude wrote:Hi , i got my ILR issued to me in Person in Dec'04. I only got a stamp on my passport and two generic papers explaining me what and what i can't do in the country . However i never received the letter u mentioned. Should i contact the HO. PLease advise.
Use search on this forum - we discussed it before. The Home Office changed the procedure and now gives only those "generic papers".