ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP RC renewal application 6months query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

ILR BRP RC renewal application 6months query

Post by Qadeer786 » Sun May 14, 2023 1:43 am

Hi,
I'm applying for ILR BRP-RC renewal and i was thinking i was on the correct application, but the application seems to ask if i have been outside UK for more than 6months? Surely on ILR outside UK up-to 2 years isn't an issue, so a bit lost if i am on the correct application now.. The fee says £38.20 and product name/service says BRP RC, Category: To update, replace or transfer your BRP.

Appreciate if you could guide that the category being chosen is right ? My ILR was through Tier 2, 5-year work route. Thanks for all your inputs! much appreciated!

Regards,
Qadeer

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR BRP RC renewal application 6months query

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 14, 2023 4:16 am

Qadeer786 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:43 am
Hi,
I'm applying for ILR BRP-RC renewal and i was thinking i was on the correct application, but the application seems to ask if i have been outside UK for more than 6months? Surely on ILR outside UK up-to 2 years isn't an issue, so a bit lost if i am on the correct application now.. The fee says £38.20 and product name/service says BRP RC, Category: To update, replace or transfer your BRP.

Appreciate if you could guide that the category being chosen is right ? My ILR was through Tier 2, 5-year work route. Thanks for all your inputs! much appreciated!

Regards,
Qadeer
You appear to be on the correct tract to getting a replacement BRP. Beats me why it asks for if you being out of UK Do answer it and proceed with application

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Sun May 14, 2023 11:04 pm

Thanks.. i do have an absence of over 6months but within 2 years.. this was within the first 2years of receiving ILR.. so i don't have docs for a whole year.. Do i need to explain/provide evidence for reasons as since returning i've been in the UK and have docs covering the remaining 8years.. got married, had kids, bought a house etc? which already proves that i had returned to settle permanently..

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 15, 2023 10:58 am

Qadeer786 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 11:04 pm
Thanks.. i do have an absence of over 6months but within 2 years.. this was within the first 2years of receiving ILR.. so i don't have docs for a whole year.. Do i need to explain/provide evidence for reasons as since returning i've been in the UK and have docs covering the remaining 8years.. got married, had kids, bought a house etc? which already proves that i had returned to settle permanently..
Provide what you have. The fact that the question has been asked doesn't mean that it would affect you negatively.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:50 pm

Thank you.. Your inputs are highly appreciated!

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Mon May 15, 2023 8:57 pm

As I know you are doing the same thing as me at the moment. I was hoping you may be able to provide some light on my question about the documents?
general-uk-immigration-forum/brp-renewa ... 37456.html

Appreciated

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Mon May 15, 2023 9:22 pm

Qadeer786 wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Qadeer
Hey, I also wanted to check if your final fee was £38.20. It seems like after submitting the gov.uk form I need to book an appointment with UKVCAS and the simple fee is £130 - £224. Is that correct?

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:48 pm

SA_Stace wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:22 pm
Qadeer786 wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Qadeer
Hey, I also wanted to check if your final fee was £38.20. It seems like after submitting the gov.uk form I need to book an appointment with UKVCAS and the simple fee is £130 - £224. Is that correct?
The final fee was £38.20 for the application. For submitting biometrics you need to book at appointment and that is a separate fee and i managed to find a standard slot which is free but a bit difficult to get, however there are others that are easier to get but cost more..

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Tue May 16, 2023 12:13 pm

Great thanks, just wanted to double check I wasnt doing anything wrong as the UKVCAS fee wasnt mentioned anywhere.

Lactoshiva
Newly Registered

Post by Lactoshiva » Mon May 29, 2023 10:30 pm

Hi,
Got my ILR BRP in 2013 and is expiring in October 23 .Can you please help me with the questions as below:

1.when is the earliest I can apply for ILR BRP renewal?I get mixed responses like 28 days before expiry,3 months and 6 months before expiry when tried to contact UK visa office.

2.Do I need to submit my current ILR BRP to process the BRP renewal application?If yes, do they return back immediately or keep it till the application is processed.

3.Can I travel when the BRP renewal application is in process or the current ILR BRP will become void once you submit the application for the BRP renewal?
I am Planning to travel to India in July since the the current BRP is valid till october 2023 hence the question

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:12 am

Just received an email update saying my application is successful and the BRP will be delivered in 7days.. It was pretty quick.

Submitted application 24 Apr
Biometric appointment 20 May
email received: 09 June

As always very thankful to the volunteers of this board.. always really helpful in answering all my immigration queries..

Regards,
Qadeer

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:31 am

Lactoshiva wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:30 pm
1.when is the earliest I can apply for ILR BRP renewal?I get mixed responses like 28 days before expiry,3 months and 6 months before expiry when tried to contact UK visa office.
I submitted application at 3months before expiry as it allows enough time to book biometrics appointment.
Lactoshiva wrote:
2.Do I need to submit my current ILR BRP to process the BRP renewal application?If yes, do they return back immediately or keep it till the application is processed.
No, you don't have to. I was only asked to upload copies of it and had the original with me. My application was online, there may be different requirements for paper application.
Lactoshiva wrote:
3.Can I travel when the BRP renewal application is in process or the current ILR BRP will become void once you submit the application for the BRP renewal?
I am Planning to travel to India in July since the the current BRP is valid till october 2023 hence the question
Not sure if i was very sceptical with this, but, i personally avoided travel this summer just because of BRP as i wasn't sure on how long it would take for it to be issued (gov.uk mentioned 8weeks to 6months), but considering that it was processed within 3 weeks, you may as-well apply after returning from holiday (as long as you time it correctly and plan your biometrics submission date right after returning).. check with airlines if they want BRP to be valid for 6+months. I guess that requirement is only for passports and not visas..

Good luck and happy holidays..!