ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for mix of work permit and dependent visa holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ap2004
Newly Registered

ILR for mix of work permit and dependent visa holder

Post by ap2004 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:05 pm

My wife has entered into UK in Nov-2000 as a work permit holder.She was holding work permit until April 2003 i.e.29 months.Her status then changed to dependent visa holder until May 2004 i.e.13 months.She has got another work permit in May 2004 and is valid until 2009 i.e. 7 months until today. My question is

1. Is she eligible for ILR now as she has completed 4 years continuos stay in UK even if she was holding work permit and dependent visa?I think it should be yes as she can work as dependent holder as well.Please respond.

2. Or she will be eligible for ILR in Nov 2005 after completion of 4 years as a work permit holder.

Your immediate response shall be highly appreciated.

cheers!
:?
ap...

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:56 am

1. No.
2. No. Only in May 2008 - 4 year continuous WP status.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:01 am

1. Is she eligible for ILR now as she has completed 4 years continuos stay in UK even if she was holding work permit and dependent visa?I think it should be yes as she can work as dependent holder as well.Please respond.
You are allowed to amalgamate two seperate leave to remain categories if both lead to settlement. A dependent visa on its own does not lead to settlement
2. Or she will be eligible for ILR in Nov 2005 after completion of 4 years as a work permit holder.
It must be continuous period of 4 years. Any breaks will reset the ILR clock

What is your current immigration status? If you are on a work permit from 2003, then you should be eligible for ILR in 2007 and along with you, as your dependent, your spouse will also get ILR

ap2004
Newly Registered

Post by ap2004 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:23 pm

Many thanks for all your responses.

My case is sort of same as my wife.Your reply on this shall be highly apreciated.

I have entered into UK as a dependent visa holder in Dec 2000.My status then changed to work permit holder in Dec 2002.My work permit was valid until Dec 2004 but my employment contarct ended at the end of Sept 04 (i.e.I believe that my work permit becomes invalid once employment contract ends i.e. on 21st Sept 04 even if original stamp was until Dec 04.I have stamped my passport on 21 Sept 2004)

My status then again changed to dependent on 21st Sept 04 and is valid until 2009.Does that mean that we both have to wait for loooooooong 4 years to get ILR.

1. Please provide suggestions to get ILR asap.

I have applied for HSMP in July 04 and expecting positive response in Jan 05 as its taking 26 weeks to process the applications. If that happens,

2.can I amalgamate 2 years of dependent and work permit visa period respectively for ILR imediatly after getting HSMP in Jan/Feb 2005? or
3. Does spouse dependent period doesnt count in ILR calcuations? or
4. I will have to wait until Dec 2006 as work permit clock started in Dec 2002 (but gap of 5 months between work permit and HSMP is worry again)
5.Can i change the dependent visa status to HSMP by staying in UK after home office's announcement about status change on 1st Oct 04?

I need your kind suggestions and help. Can any govt or private agnecy help me to sort it out?

I will be more than happy to provide more information if necessary.

Your valuable feedback shall be highly appreciated.

Thx.

ap :o