ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlexCh

ILR letter

Post by AlexCh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:24 am

Guys,

Can you tell me what letter they give you if your ILR application was successful? I got my ILR 2 days ago and apart of the stickers in the passports they gave me a letter (ICD.2635), which explains what I can and what I cannot do – things like not staying abroad longer that 2 years, etc. Problem is that this letter is quite simple – like a memo – no my or my wife names on it, no any reference numbers.

I am asking because I saw several messages on this forum, which said that those letters were quite important and you needed to keep them in a safe place. NTL form also says that if your passport (with the sticker) has been lost or stolen, you need to bring your original letter (ICD.0009) to put a new sticker into a new passport.

Have they changed the rules or I lost something?

P.S. I hope this message will stay a live long enough to get answer :(

kwanj
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by kwanj » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:09 pm

I have also received my ILR this week. HO has put a sticker on my passport with a letter (ICD.2635) which is giving details of what to do and that kind of stuff.

Only concern is that the letter does not mention anywhere my name on that or even the HO reference for my ILR.

IS this the latest procedure for ILR? Have they stopeed issuing letter giving name of ILR holder?

Please reply

AlexCh

Re: ILR

Post by AlexCh » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:28 pm

I sent a question to the Home Office by e-mail yesterday - usually it takes 2 weeks to get an answer from them.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Both letters refer to an approved settlement application and the records will indicate which one was issued to the relevant applicant i.e. just because it hasn't got your name does not mean your status is suspect or inferior. It has been my experience that 'in person' applicants receive the version with their name on it whilst those applying by 'post' receive one without. This may not hold true in all cases given the number of applications both 'in person' or 'by post' the HO handle on a daily basis.

If you are really loosing sleep over it you can write to the HO at the Croydon address (Lunar House) and request for the version with your name on it - don't expect a speedy response 8) .

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:20 pm

yeah those letters are important
i got mine with my name on it

i recently had to go to get my new passport endorsed with the visa(250 pounds more :() and i was asked for the letter

kwanj
Newly Registered

Post by kwanj » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:27 pm

Can someone please tell me the e-mail address of Home Office where I can request such letter with my name on it?

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:47 pm

rogerroger wrote:yeah those letters are important
i got mine with my name on it

i recently had to go to get my new passport endorsed with the visa(250 pounds more :() and i was asked for the letter
But the notes for the NTL form say that you only need the letter if you do not have your passport with the sticker?
�� Two recent passport sized photographs of yourself, with your name written on the back of each
photograph.
�� Two recent passport sized photographs of each dependant applying for a No Time Limit stamp, with
their name written on the back of the photographs.
�� Your current passport or travel document.
�� The current passport or travel document of each dependant applying for a No Time Limit stamp with
you.
�� Your previous passport or travel document showing that you have been granted indefinite leave to
remain to enter, or to remain in, the UK (see Part 4 of the Guidance Notes).
�� The previous passport or travel document of any dependant(s) applying for a No Time Limit stamp,
showing that they have been granted indefinite leave to enter, or to remain in, the UK (see Part 4 of the
Guidance Notes).
�� Other documentary evidence to demonstrate that you and any dependant(s) applying for a No Time
Limit stamp have resided continuously in the UK since being granted indefinite leave (see Part 4 of the
Guidance Notes).
Last edited by AlexCh on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:47 pm

kwanj wrote:Can someone please tell me the e-mail address of Home Office where I can request such letter with my name on it?
INDpublicenquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:15 pm

hey man, they asked me for the letter when i got my new passport stamped with the NTL stamp.

hey, i was not issued with a new letter reflecting the change of my passport. was i supposed to have got one?

nyrnu
Newly Registered

Post by nyrnu » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:30 pm

Hi, everyone,

I also have the same situation. The ILR letter (ICD.2635) I received (apply in person) is without any my name or reference number on it.
I email Home Office (INDpublicenquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) to ask what my reference number it is, because the first question of the future naturalisation application (AN form) will ask this reference number which I still don't know it.

Home Office's reply is--

Unfortunately, the Home Office is unable to deal with
case specific enquiries by email.

You are advised to write to:
IND
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

So, does it really matter if I don't know this reference number and just leave it blank (question 1.1 of AN form) on AN form (naturalisation application)? or should I need to write to Home office to ask this reference number (obviously it take time-I think)?

Any similiar experience/suggestion is welcome. thanks.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:13 pm

I got the same answer and phoned them next day - the answer was that they changed the procedure and now give letters without any personal information on them. If you are worried about your passport being stolen or lost, you just need to make a photocopy of your ILR stiker and keep it in a safe place.

nyrnu
Newly Registered

Post by nyrnu » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Thanks for experience sharing.

So, without knowing the reference number, should applicant just leave the blank on the question 1.1 of AN form (naturalisation application)?

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:26 am

nyrnu wrote:Thanks for experience sharing.

So, without knowing the reference number, should applicant just leave the blank on the question 1.1 of AN form (naturalisation application)?
I assume - yes.

Couple of my friends also told me that it was possible to find this number on some Home Office letters (I have not checked it myself yet). If you had a work permit and applied for extension or employer change, you can find this number somewhere on the letter, which they sent you when they returned you passports with the new LTR stamps. But I repeat - I have not checked it yet.

John

Post by John » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:12 pm

nyrnu, I think that is right, just leave Q1.1 blank if the reference is unknown.

After all the Home Office letter issued when ILR was granted, with or without a reference, needs to be sent with the naturalisation application form. Let IND sort it out .... especially if it is them (albeit another dept of IND) who have created the problem.
John

nyrnu
Newly Registered

Post by nyrnu » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:43 pm

Thanks, Alexch and John. Your experience and advice are helpful.