ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR question - work trips effect over 6 month rule

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

try-one
Member of Standing

ILR question - work trips effect over 6 month rule

Post by try-one » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:05 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to find the document that defines the issue of how many days a person can be out of the country without affecting his ILR chances.
I understood that work absences are not counted towards the 6 month limit.....is anyone aware of the link to the document?
I want to review my current situation and i haven't found the document again, i read it 2 years ago.....
thanks
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:23 am

Your ILR remains intact as long as you are not outside the UK for more than 2 years consecutively. However you are required to prove to the Immigration Officer at each re-entry irrespective of length of absence that you are returning to continue your permanent residence in the UK. Many pursuing a pattern of exits and re-entries near to the 2 yr mark have been caught out. The re-introduction of stamping upon entry for any type of leave, a charging regime for NTL transfers with review of residence (likewise for naturalisation) and pending exit checks (I expect this around September) means the Home Office know more than one would expect :wink: .

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:29 pm

thanks,
what about ILR and a total of more than 6 months on trips? never more than one month on a single trip, most work trips but a total of more than 6 months in the 4 years for ILR?
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)