ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (M)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BLAWAL
Newly Registered

ILR Set (M)

Post by BLAWAL » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey! i applied on the 23rd June 09, and received acknowledge letter after two days. And according to what an immigration officer told me, my application was going to be held till the 11th July 09, as the spouse visa was issued on the 28th June 07, and i came to UK on 8th August 07. My problem now is i have been given a place to study social work degree in a college,and i can't really make any decisive move without my passport. I need a help!
Last edited by BLAWAL on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 am

If anyone has a gap between the visa issue and arrival date, the concession now in place allows the application to be held on file for processing until the qualifying date...28 days before the 2nd anniversary that you arrived in the UK.
This saves you paying a fee of £445 (postal) for Further Leave to Remain to fill the gap before qualifying for ILR. If you request the return of your passport your application will be withdrawn...which would mean you would no longer have legal status in the UK.