ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Immigration and Nationality Directorate reference"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rogerroger
Member of Standing

"Immigration and Nationality Directorate reference"

Post by rogerroger » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:45 pm

do you guys know where can i find my "Immigration and Nationality Directorate reference" number, i looked p the letter i got from the home office when i was granted ILR and there is no IND Directorate refernce number on it.

Also in section 3.3, i guess i should state that i want to make the UNited Kingdom my principal home, not India, correct.

I guess i dont need to send any passport size photographs, correct?

John

Post by John » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:59 am

Roger, the ILR letter used to have a specific reference on it but now they just hand out a generic letter which is not personalised at all. So I think that, through no fault of yours, you do not know the reference you just have to leave that reference number blank, or rather write "No Known".

Q3.3 ... yes you need to enter the UK. After all, unless the applicant is married to a British Citizen, it needs to be the case that the person has the current intention to live in the UK. So entering India, or any other country, is not going to help your application.

No photo required, but you will be aware that photo ID is needed when you take your citizenship test. Take along your passport and/or your photocard driving licence.
John

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:09 pm

once gain, thanks for the reply John.

I was wondering where the number had gone. I will take my passports along and my driving license.

I suppose if i have made a mistake in the application form which is obvious, then the NCS guys will point it out and help me correct it, correct?