ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

International Students Marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ashoo123
Newly Registered

International Students Marriage

Post by Ashoo123 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 pm

We are 2 young students came UK for Masters. After completing our first semester , we both got married back home. We were liking each other from Pakistan , when we did not even start our studies .We had a grand wedding in Pakistan. Now we both are back in UK. My husband is studying and working . And we both got visas till 2022 March. But me as a wife cannot pay my semester fee now. But my husband has paid already and his case is smooth. My university is saying that they will cancel my student visa due to non payment . I am also a spouse but has not declared in UK yet . What should i do ? I am very worried .

manci
Respected Guru

Re: International Students Marriage

Post by manci » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm

Assuming your husband is on a student visa you could switch to a student dependant visa. The guidance is here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Check that your marriage in Pakistan is recognised in the UK (there are lots of posts on the forum on this subject) and that you have the necessary paperwork incl. proof of cohabitation to show that your marriage is subsisting.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice