ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

invite sister-in-law for holiday

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BobTBuilder
Newly Registered

invite sister-in-law for holiday

Post by BobTBuilder » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am

Hi Friends

I want to invite my wife's youngest sister to visit us for a 2 month holiday.

I'm a working British national, and my Filipino wife has a spouse visa.

We have a 5 year old daughter, pay a mortgage, and have a spare room.

My plan is for my (27 year old) sister-in-law to stay with us, and be fully funded by us during her stay.

How do I do this please?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: invite sister-in-law for holiday

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello,

It's not complicated. You need to send her:

- An invitation letter explaining what you just said. You just introduce yourself (name, address, job, your company number, salary...) and then explain that you would like to invite your wife's sister (name, DOB, job, address) for holidays.

- 6 months payslips

- 6 months bank statement (you can remove all pages except the ones showing the salary coming in. I sometimes ask the bank to send me the statements so they look genuine vs printed online)

- 2 recent utility bills (no mobile phone bills)

- copy of your passport

- copy of your marriage certificate to her sister (the full relationship has to be demonstrated)

She then need to fill a form online, prepare her own paper work to prove who she is and what she does. Then, she will get an appointment. She needs to go there will all the paperwork you send her, plus her own paperwork including documents to prove that she is indeed your wife's sister.

Normally, if everything is well prepare, this visas a granted without too much hassle.

I for one use DHL to send the documents but some prefer to scan and email. It's up you but I always got positive outcomes for my family member when I sent them originals from the UK.

Godspeed!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: invite sister-in-law for holiday

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 pm

My plan is for my (27 year old) sister-in-law to stay with us, and be fully funded by us during her stay.

How do I do this please?
What evidence of ties to home country will she submit (social, employment, income, property, family etc etc)??

How long is she planning to visit the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.