ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jersey and UK immigration - Traveling without BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SAR2
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Jersey and UK immigration - Traveling without BRP

Post by SAR2 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m moving to Mainland UK for work in July from Jersey and received the decision for my new visa. However, due to a delay from DWP my BRP hasn’t arrived for over 1.5 months. I’ve got to travel out of Jersey (CTA) next week due to personal emergency. My passport has a Jersey Immigration stamp with my visa extension (Jersey don’t have a system of BRP’s). I was wondering what are the consequences of re-entering without a BRP ? My flights are back to Jersey and not anywhere in UK. I’ve spoken with Jersey immigration and didn’t receive a satisfactory response. They said since I’m under Jersey work permit conditions, this shouldn’t be a problem as long as I’m returning back to the island before the last date at work (which is the case).

Thanks very much for your advice!