ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Less than a month left

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

va_it
Newly Registered
Italy

Less than a month left

Post by va_it » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Hello,

This is my first time here on the forum and I apologise if I have done something wrong.

I know this is an open forum and I don't expect a solution from you guys, but I was hoping you could clarify a few doubts I have regarding my situation.

I am Italian and I have been living in the UK for over 5 years now (settled status). In August last here I have met my girlfriend who is from Zimbabwe and was studying here on a Tier 4 Visa (1 year I think). Unfortunately, even though she tried really hard to find a job and got a few interviews as well, she hasn't managed to find employment and so she will have to leave by the 28th of January. The questions I have are quite simple:
  • What are the options she has to come back to the UK?
  • Can she apply for a Visitor Visa now or does she have to wait a certain number of days to avoid being rejected? Will I need to act as sponsor and therefore prove I have enough funds to support her here?
  • How long can we keep doing this (visitor visa) before they deny her entry permit?
I am really scared at the though of not being able to be with her and any answer that might help me see things in a less negative way would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Less than a month left

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 am

va_it wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 pm
What are the options she has to come back to the UK?
She can do further study, usually only at a higher level. See also UKCISA's guide to working after studies:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... er-studies
va_it wrote:
Can she apply for a Visitor Visa now or does she have to wait a certain number of days to avoid being rejected?
She can apply anytime, there is no cooling off period. However as someone who has recently been living in the UK for a few years and who has a partner here, she will need very persuasive evidence indeed that she is a genuine visitor.
va_it wrote:
Will I need to act as sponsor and therefore prove I have enough funds to support her here?
It is one option. See the full guide to Standard Visitor visas, including suggestions of evidence:
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
va_it wrote:
How long can we keep doing this (visitor visa) before they deny her entry permit?
See my second answer above. You cannot use a series of visitor visas to live in the UK. This is one of the main things an Entry Clearance Officer will be suspicious about, and it does appear that is her intention. See page 17 of the Visit guidance on "Frequent and successive visits":
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-guidance
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.