ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long-term General Visitor visa for 2 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lear
Newly Registered

Long-term General Visitor visa for 2 years

Post by lear » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:39 pm

Hello,

I am considering to apply for a general visitor visa for my parent via the long-term route. They have recently been granted their first 6-month visitor visa. Is there any recommendation as to how long one needs to wait before the last visitor visa expires? Is it better to apply for at least another 6-month visitor visa before using the 2-year route? In case the 2-year visitor visa is rejected, is it common for the home office to grant instead a shorter (6-month) visa and the rest of the visa fee to be refunded, or is it likely that the whole application is rejected?

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Long-term General Visitor visa for 2 years

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:12 pm

lear wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:39 pm
Hello,

I am considering to apply for a general visitor visa for my parent via the long-term route. They have recently been granted their first 6-month visitor visa. Is there any recommendation as to how long one needs to wait before the last visitor visa expires? You can make a new application at anytime. I'd advise sooner than later, so that there isn't any significant changes in conditions. Put in a 2 year application within 3-4 months of current visa expiration. Is it better to apply for at least another 6-month visitor visa before using the 2-year route? Depends on your finances. What you/they can afford to pay. In case the 2-year visitor visa is rejected, is it common for the home office to grant instead a shorter (6-month) visa and the rest of the visa fee to be refunded, or is it likely that the whole application is rejected? Once it's rejected, all fees are lost. Visa would not be issued. Even if it was a 10 year visa application. That's why it's always advisable to build up the UK travelling trust. Some do 6 months, 2 years, 5 years then 10. Some do 6 months, 2 years, 2 years then 10 years. Some 6 months 2 years then 10 years. I've see someone start with 2 years. depends on how comfortable you feel with your circumstances. No pressure.

Thank you
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!