ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost and found ILR. Not applied for replacement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dgyuvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Lost and found ILR. Not applied for replacement

Post by Dgyuvi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm

I have lost my ILR BRP in July 2021. I reported it to HomeOffice as lost. After few days to this local police recovered my ILR and returned it.

Post this I forgot to apply for replacement BRP car within 3 months. In between I travelled abroad and returned to UK using the lost and found BRP. Nobody stopped or questioned.

After 5 months new employer checked my status and said my BRP is not active. So I applied for replacement after 5 months and taken biometric appointment.

I’m scared what would happen to my application now. Will I loose my Visa?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Lost and found ILR. Not applied for replacement

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:36 pm

You do not have a visa. ILR is a permanent status and does not expire or lost unless it is revoked. It will take 4-6 months before you get a new BRP. An employer does not need to wait for this. They can get a positive check from UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dgyuvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dgyuvi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:36 pm
You do not have a visa. ILR is a permanent status and does not expire or lost unless it is revoked. It will take 4-6 months before you get a new BRP. An employer does not need to wait for this. They can get a positive check from UKVI
Thank you very much. It's a big relief (at least for time being). I'm only worried about the status that says on gov.uk site - Once reported as Lost, If a replacement is not submitted within 3 months then penalty up to 1000 GBP and may be asked to leave UK.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:15 am

That often is not enforced
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice