ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Lost BRP Card

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm

Hi,

i have lost my BRP and have booked appointment for biometrics. From your experience, can you please share how long can it take to get the replacement?

Does this mean i cannot travel anywhere until i receive my new card?

Thanks,

Hamza

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lost BRP Card

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm
Hi,

i have lost my BRP and have booked appointment for biometrics. From your experience, can you please share how long can it take to get the replacement?

Does this mean i cannot travel anywhere until i receive my new card?

Thanks,

Hamza
It can take up to 6 months.

No you cannot travel as you won't be able to board a flight or re-enter the UK without a valid BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Thank you for your reply. How can i make my application as priority? i have already booked in person appointment for Luton but didnt know i could do as priority.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:18 pm

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 pm
Thank you for your reply. How can i make my application as priority? i have already booked in person appointment for Luton but didnt know i could do as priority.
There is no priority service at all. This is NOT an immigration application.
It will take up to 6 months after you attend your appointment :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:47 pm

thanks for your response. Could this be earlier too or the minimum time is 6 months?

is there a forum where people have shared their timelines relating to replacing of BRP?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:53 pm

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:47 pm
thanks for your response. Could this be earlier too or the minimum time is 6 months?

is there a forum where people have shared their timelines relating to replacing of BRP?
There is no timeline post. It takes on average 4 to 6 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:42 am

Based on above could you please assist me with another query. I am eligible to apply for my naturalisation application from 20th September. However, i just gave my biometrics last week for the BRP replacement.

Can you please confirm if i have to wait for my new BRP to arrive before i am eligible to apply for the naturalisation application or i can still apply for this while my application for the replacement BRP in still in progress in the background?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:09 am

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:42 am
Based on above could you please assist me with another query. I am eligible to apply for my naturalisation application from 20th September. However, i just gave my biometrics last week for the BRP replacement.

Can you please confirm if i have to wait for my new BRP to arrive before i am eligible to apply for the naturalisation application or i can still apply for this while my application for the replacement BRP in still in progress in the background?
BRP replacement not required. Apply when eligible

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Utter nonsense from UKVI.
If someone already has a visa and valid BRP. And it got lost why on earth it should take 6 months to get a new BRP card.

They should have all the details in the system that visa is valid and it just need a replacement.
Shame!

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:09 am
CONNIEEE3 wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. So when i apply for this and go for my biometrics, they wont ask me to show original BRP?

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:38 am

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 pm
Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:09 am
CONNIEEE3 wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. So when i apply for this and go for my biometrics, they wont ask me to show original BRP?

Apologies you can ignore above as read on Gov and i can put as BRP lost/stolen. However, can this cause any delay to my application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:52 am

No it will not delay anything

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response. And my application for BRP replacement will
Proceed too or that will be withdrawn once I apply for naturalisation?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:59 am

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:46 pm
Thank you very much for your prompt response. And my application for BRP replacement will
Proceed too or that will be withdrawn once I apply for naturalisation?
They are unrelated