ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake made in AN(NEW) form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khurram

Mistake made in AN(NEW) form

Post by Khurram » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi, I just realised that I've made a mistake in my naturalisation application regarding my date of marriage. Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, here are the details. :)

In Pakistan, normally one would have the religious ('Nikah') and the traditional wedding ('Rukhsati') the same day, however in some cases the two could be on separate dates. In our case, the two were spaced apart by about 4 months, mainly for immigration reasons i.e. visa applications turn around time in Pakistan was around 3-4 months when I got married, and wanted to bring my wife along after we got married.(meant traditionally :) )

Anyway, my concern is that my application's been accepted with the traditional wedding date on record, and when I'll be applying for my wife in a year's time, I'll have to send in our marriage certificate and that only bears the religous wedding date. Cross-checking the dates with my application might then create problems, or slow-down the entire process.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

John

Post by John » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:14 pm

Has the application been granted? Or is it still under consideration?

Either way, I can't see any harm in writing to Liverpool explaining the situation. Suspect you are not the first in this situation, and will not be the last.

My wife & I also have two marriage dates .... the legal marriage on a Monday and the big religious wedding on the following Saturday.
John

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:38 am

Thanks John. As for the application, it's been granted, I am just waiting to hear from my local council for the ceremony. Actually quite impressed with the NCS I must say, applied at the Wandsworth Office on Aug 20th, and received the letter of approval on Sep 9th.

Need help with just one more query, am slightly baffled as to which address to send off the request to. Have the following options:
1- Source : Guide AN(NEW)

Enquiries about your application should be addressed to:
Home Office IND
Managed Migration Directorate (Nationality Group)
Casework Support Unit
PO Box 12
LIVERPOOL
L69 2UX

2- Source : Letter of approval
Home Office IND
Integrated Casework Directorate
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

Or, is there any other address that queries regarding post-approval applications should be sent off to.

Regards

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:00 am

Khurram, I don't think you need to rush into action about this. Indeed, having had a further thought about this, I think that I would merely do this :-

When your wife applies for her British Citizenship there is ample space on the form to explain anything. She could enter that as regards Q (the date of marriage), that she married in a civil ceremony on (date) and there was a religious wedding on (date). That way if her application is tied up with yours there will be a ready explanation of the date you entered.

Finally, I don't see this as a big issue. It was a genuine mistake by you. IND would not have rejected your application if the legal marriage date had been entered rather than the religious wedding date.

Your wife? When did she arrive in the UK? Has she got ILR?
John

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:12 am

Thanks John, that sounds like a good option.

The wife came here in Jan '04, and we both got our ILRs in Aug '04, so I reckon she's eligible to apply for her citizenship in Jan '07.

Thanks again.

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:23 am

Khurram, I think that is right ... January 2007 ... given the absolute need for her to have been in the UK exactly three years before IND receive the naturalisation application.

So lots of time for your wife to pass the new Citizenship test! (Compulsory for any naturalisation applications received by IND on or after 1st November 2005)
John

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:50 am

Yes, that is true. Though details are pretty sketchy still on the test.

Thanks again John for your advice.