ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage - Waiting on BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ILR_mortgage
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Mortgage - Waiting on BRP card

Post by ILR_mortgage » Thu May 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Hi,

I recently got my ILR approved on April 22nd, 2021 (via email) after applying on the Set(O) route but, I am still waiting on my BRP to arrive. It has been 3 weeks and I have filled out the BRP did not arrive form on the home office website with no reply.

My partner and I have been wanting to buy a house and are wanting to put offers on houses. However, we are worried that if my BRP doesn't turn up soon it might delay the process as banks will want proof of ILR, but I won't have my BRP card yet. Has anyone had experience with this or know if the banks will accept my decision letter as proof? Or alternative can you refer the bank to contact the home office somehow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Colin