ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother Family visitor visa rejected!!!! Pls Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alana
Newly Registered

Mother Family visitor visa rejected!!!! Pls Help

Post by Alana » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 am

I applied for my mother family visitor visa and it got rejected like 3 weeks back. The reason they gave is that as she is employed, the letter of employment doesnt state that the leave is granted and hence they feel that she is not a genuine visitor and that might not leave the UK. She has now received the leave application for 6 months from the company but would re applying make more sense than appealing??? Shes already on leave now.. Also would the last invitation letter be fine which was used for her old application like 3-4 weeks back. I have sent a scanned copy of the invitation letter with new dates though... Pls help..... :cry: :cry: ...as well as scanned the recent salary slips...

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Mother Family visitor visa rejected!!!! Pls Help

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Alana wrote:I applied for my mother family visitor visa and it got rejected like 3 weeks back. The reason they gave is that as she is employed, the letter of employment doesnt state that the leave is granted and hence they feel that she is not a genuine visitor and that might not leave the UK. She has now received the leave application for 6 months from the company but would re applying make more sense than appealing??? Shes already on leave now.. Also would the last invitation letter be fine which was used for her old application like 3-4 weeks back. I have sent a scanned copy of the invitation letter with new dates though... Pls help..... :cry: :cry: ...as well as scanned the recent salary slips...
Apply freshly with latest documents set. The visitor visa right to appeal is limited to human rights only. So forget about appeal.

The invitation letter you sent must be outdated by the time your applicant sends in new application.

Also see the visitor visa guidance document below: Especially Credibility and intentions section, page 11 through 15.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

As the ECO has flagged the application being not genuine, only providing the leave letter may not suffice. Evidence to rpove credibility should be over and baove the original refusal point, IMHO.

Most importantly, have some quality read through similar threads on this forums. It should also help you immensely.

Alana
Newly Registered

Post by Alana » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.... She got a letter of employment with her, her leave application and a letter from the employer stating that the leave has been granted for 6 months and that to resume once the period is over. The UKBA had stated in the refusal letter that there is no proof of evidence that the leave has been granted or that the position will still be open when she joins back.. so thats why we got this letter from the employer..... Guess that would be fine..isnt it??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Did her company provide a credible explanation as to why her position would be kept open for her for six months?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:23 am

vinny wrote:Did her company provide a credible explanation as to why her position would be kept open for her for six months?
Noted 6 months leave in the first post, should have flagged out. My bad.

Unless its a government job, in private sector it will be hard to justify 6 months leave. As vinny said credible explanation. And now if you change your leave details from the application no 1 then ECO might pick on it saying not genuine visitor, unless a really good strong credible evidence provided.

changemaker
Newly Registered

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 am

Hello!
I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas
Last edited by changemaker on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

changemaker
Newly Registered

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 am

Hello!
I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas