ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple jobs after getting ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iffff
inactive

Multiple jobs after getting ILR

Post by iffff » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi. I have a question. After getting an ILR, can a person do multiple jobs (as he is no more under immigration restrictions), like running a monetized youtube channel (self employed) along with the main job, as on Tier 2, self employment is not allowed.

Casa

Re: Multiple jobs after getting ILR

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 pm

iffff wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 pm
Hi. I have a question. After getting an ILR, can a person do multiple jobs (as he is no more under immigration restrictions), like running a monetized youtube channel (self employed) along with the main job, as on Tier 2, self employment is not allowed.
Yes. As you have already guessed...."as you are no more under immigration restrictions"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply Casa.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:41 am

Hi. I would really appreciate replies from other users who came across similar situation. Please share you experience. Thanks.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:42 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 pm
iffff wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 pm
Yes. As you have already guessed...."as you are no more under immigration restrictions"
Casa, can you point me towards any documentation where this situation is explained in detail. thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:30 am

I was going to say "everyone knows that" but a quick search unearths an "official" source:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/indefinite- ... -in-the-uk

Quote:
"Working in the UK
You are free to work in the UK in any business, profession or employment, including self-employment. You must comply with the law and any statutory regulations for that business, profession or employment.

If you are thinking of going to live or work on the Isle of Man or Channel Islands, you should consult the immigration authorities of those islands first."
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 am

Thank you alterhase58 for the reply, I read that one too, but there is no mention of anything about multiple jobs. Like running a YouTube channel and along with it doing another technical/teaching job at the same time. What do you think of it? Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:56 am

iffff wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 am
Thank you alterhase58 for the reply, I read that one too, but there is no mention of anything about multiple jobs. Like running a YouTube channel and along with it doing another technical/teaching job at the same time. What do you think of it? Thanks again.
You are overthinking completely!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 am

I think this has more to do with employment contracts and working time regulations and taxes, etc., rather than Immigration law.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:33 pm

The simple fact is that UK ILR/Settled Status holders have all the employment and work rights as British citizens, so they can work multiple jobs, be self-employed, run your own company, all at once if you wish, or be unemployed. You don't need to justify your arrangements to anyone if everything is within the law.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:41 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:33 pm
The simple fact is that UK ILR/Settled Status holders have all the employment and work rights as British citizens, so they can work multiple jobs, be self-employed, run your own company, all at once if you wish, or be unemployed. You don't need to justify your arrangements to anyone if everything is within the law.
Thanks you very much alterhase58 for all the explanation.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:45 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 am
I think this has more to do with employment contracts and working time regulations and taxes, etc., rather than Immigration law.
The reason I am asking this query is that after 12 months of getting the ILR, when the naturalization process comes in then there might be complications if this thing is not allowed. That was my main concern.

iffff
inactive

Post by iffff » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:56 am
iffff wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 am
You are overthinking completely!!
I think its better to over think rather than making a mistake then can jeopardize your future. So its always better to be prepared.