ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Deserves a forum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

basis

Naturalisation - Deserves a forum

Post by basis » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:57 pm

This MB shows the progress of people from getting there first WPs/ HSMPs to UK Passport. We can clearly see there are a number of them who have reached Naturalisation stage or are reaching very soon.

I think Naturalisation in itself deserves a forum. If anything this General Forum has almost become Naturalisation forum in last six months or so. Naturalisation, UK passports, Dual Nationality- these are the topics that ideally should have a separate forum. there is vast knowledge in this MB - particularly on naturalisation - because the processes for Naturalisation due to recent changes in the law and rules are relatively new; as I said one entire batch (e.g IT consultants from Asian sub-continent) has reached or is reaching the naturalisation stage and it will grow over the years to come. Even for professionals this provides a lot of cases where they can learn. e.g. No NI, Form 60, NINO for all the 5 years - still ILR and Naturalisation is not an issue.

Specially to Mods - it may be one a too many forum or may be not possible now due to techy reasons e.g already the posts have been posted - but fact remains Naturalisation, Passport , Dual Nationality deserve one.

Food for thought...........

stedman

Post by stedman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm

Yep, I agree :)

aix

Post by aix » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:37 pm

gets my vote

John

Post by John » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:35 pm

In order for that split to make any sense topics in the current General UK Immigration forum would need to be split between that and any new Nationality forum.

Just a little problem with that .... there are currently 1180 topics! I suspect that you would get no volunteers to undertake that massive task.

But are immigration and nationality so different? They are IMHO extremely intertwined. Take for example the post I have just made in this topic. It is certainly an immigration-related subject .... but are you saying I was wrong to also cover the naturalisation aspects that follow from that? And exactly where would that leave that topic in the new split situation?
John

basis

Post by basis » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:27 am

John - I agree with you and even said that in the first post that splitting the posts would be a big task.

In the example give by you IMVHO the topic should be in General Immigration. Naturalization is a solution to the original question than the main question. The OP's can decide whether they have queries specific to naturalisation or otherwise. If the solution ends up to be naturalisation so be it. Then they can raise further queries on how to obtain naturalisation in Naturalisation Forum.

Thanks for the responses.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:30 pm

i agree with basis

a seperate forum or subforums with immigration and nationality being the topc "headers" would be a good choice. there is going to be a cascade of nationality related questions and it will be easier for the posters to post questiosn and also for them to scan through the replies.